- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND , Diploma
- Experience 2 years
- Location Nairobi
- Job Field Medical / Healthcare
- Advert -
Duties and Responsibilities
- Advert -
- Ensure that the critical care centers are clean and in the right conditions to provide the conducive environment needed by patients into the critical care centers of the hospital.
- Ensure that the critical care centers have all the machinery, equipment and materials needed to provide critical care to patients admitted into the critical care centers of the hospital.
- Set up and monitor medical equipment and devices such as cardiac monitors, mechanical ventilators and alarms, oxygen delivery devices, transducers or pressure lines, and identify malfunctioning equipment or devices, and report the same to the biomedical engineering section of the hospital.
- Receive patients in critical conditions that are referred to the critical care centers and book them in for advanced care and attention in the hospital.
- Deliver quality nursing care in accordance with the set Nursing Standards and as per the policies and procedures of the hospital.
- Ensure the provision of quality critical care nursing services to the admitted critically ill patients, based on assessment data or identified needs in the hospital.
- Monitor patients for their progress and changes in status and indications of health conditions such as sepsis or shock and institute appropriate interventions together with medical specialists in the hospital.
- Administer the prescribed therapeutic procedures based upon patients’ clinical status and assess patients’ pain levels or sedation requirements in the critical care centers of the hospital.
- Conduct pulmonary assessments to identify abnormal respiratory patterns or breathing sounds that indicate medical conditions of patients in the critical care centers of the hospital.
- Monitor patients’ fluid intake and outlet to detect any emerging problems such as fluid and electrolyte imbalances among patients in the critical care centers of the hospital.
- Document patients’ medical histories and assessment findings, compile and analyze data obtained from monitoring or diagnostic tests in the critical care centers of the hospital.
- Provide nursing research and training to students in the critical care centers of the hospital
Minimum Academic Qualifications
- Diploma or Degree in Nursing from a recognized institution.
- Higher Diploma in Critical Care Nursing from a recognized institution.
- Registration with the Nursing Council of Kenya.
- Valid Practice License as a Critical Care Nurse. Kenyatta University Teaching, Referral & Research Hospital (KUTRRH)
- Must have a Certificate in a course in life saving. vi. Proficiency in computer applications.
- Knowledge of relevant legislations.
- Knowledge of professional standards.
- Proven track record of nursing research and training in a reputable institution.
- At least two (2) years working experience as a Critical Care Nursing Officer in reputable health facility.
Method of Application
If your background and competencies match the specifications of any of the posts above, please apply online via: www.kutrrh.go.ke/careers
For all applications, please indicate the subject as follows: JOB APPLICATION – [JOB REFERENCE NUMBER]. Note that you must attach the Application Letter, Curriculum Vitae and
Filled Application Form and Practicing License ONLY when you apply online via the portal.
The deadline for the receipt of all applications is 11th April 2023.
Detailed job descriptions can be accessed on the Kenya University Teaching, Referral and Research Hospital careers portal on the website www.kutrrh.go.ke
Any form of canvassing will lead to immediate disqualification.
KUTRRH is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
YOUTH, WOMEN AND PEOPLE LIVING WITH DISABILITY ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLYInterested and qualified? Go to Kenyatta University Teaching, Referral & Research Hospital on careers.kutrrh.go.ke to apply