ICT Manager Job, Current IT Jobs 2023,
- Advert -
- Advert -
The ICT Manager is to provide guidance and managerial support to the team, and planning human, technical and financial resources with a view to achieving efficient and effective results; communicator, engaging customers, and management in dialogue and consensus building; being a substantive expert, leveraging knowledge and experience in the field of technical operations, support aspects of ICT Customer Services operations and technical aspects of T4D initiatives and providing guidance and support in the establishment of Common Back Office (CBO) /Local Share Service Center (LSSC) pertaining to ICT services and providing technical assistance support to countries in the CBO/LSSC.
The successful individual will be responsible for the following key accountabilities:
- Advert -
Leadership and management:
- Manage the ICT Services Team, ensuring each person delivers against already defined objectives, providing technical guidance, and creating an empowering work environment, fostering high performance, motivating staff, promoting a culture of innovation.
- Ensure effective knowledge sharing within the team, recognize and address competency development needs, and ensure that the technical expertise needed for best practice service delivery is continuously maintained.
- Continuously evaluate the ICT systems to ensure the strategic use of ICT resources, improve performance and properly implement audit recommendations.
Planning, Coordination and Communication:
- Advert -
- Develop work plans and budgets for the ICT services, managing expenditures against agreed priorities and ensuring the cost-effective use of funds.
- Carry out market research, costing and recommending potential acquisition of Infrastructure, Security and Communications solutions (hardware and software).
- Oversee the planning and management of ICT projects, ensuring the application of sound project management and control methodologies, while coordinating with internal counterparts, other UN organizations and service providers.
Technical and Strategic Delivery of ICT services:
- Ensure effective delivery of ICT services as per agreed Service Level Agreements.
- Lead the development and delivery of ICT infrastructure and business solutions with a continuous improvement approach to performance, security and cost, while ensuring the integrity, confidentiality and accessibility of data.
- Under the guidance of the Regional Chief of ICT & Innovation, provide support and technical assistance to COs in areas of ICT Accessibility, Green ICT, Operational business process improvement initiatives for UNICEF program effectiveness.
- Develop and implement processes, SLAs and operations procedures to ensure effective management and operations of UNICEF ICT Infrastructure, Security and Communications, including monitoring for compliance and reporting on regular basis.
- Develop and maintain up-to-date procedural and technical documentation
- Support ESARO emergency preparedness and response efforts including participation as needed in early warning, contingency planning, preparedness activities, and response from the initial stage of emergency to stabilization
Service Management and Partnerships:
- Advert -
- Ensure delivery of standard enterprise solutions to users, including hardware configurations and software images, to enable effective work for Nairobi-based entities.
- Ensure that SLAs, contracts and negotiations with internal and external IT suppliers such as UNON, MNOs and partners meet business needs and committed levels of service.
- Actively engage with users at all levels of the organization in the effort to ensure open lines of communication and insightful engagement with all customers.
- Handle escalations, and major incidents affecting ICT services; interact with users and provide information about IT products and services.
- Identify and implement strategies to improve quality of service and productivity.
- Measure regularly customer satisfaction with the ICT service provided.
- Assess and document the current and potential future needs for ICT services and solutions within ESAR.
- Continuously monitor, troubleshoot and enhance the unified communications and collaborations tools i.e.: voice, data and video, to ensure reliability and effectiveness.
- Monitor ICT security levels escalating cyber security incidents as needed; Monitor security related sites for relevant information on new threats / risks which may impact normal ICT operations. Perform periodic reviews / monitoring for non-compliance. Review security logs and report suspicious and/or unauthorized activities.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have
- Advert -
- Advanced university degree or equivalent background, in computer science, information systems, or other relevant disciplines, with specialized training or appropriate experience in the fields broadly applicable to the job.
- Eight years of relevant professional work experience in ICT area. Background/familiarity with Emergencies.
- Practical experience working in shared service centers, common premises or any setting providing support with other UN agencies
- Theoretical foundations of computer science with practical applications of software, database, network, telecommunications and systems development.
- Practitioner level skills and knowledge in complex project management and ICT service delivery and support management practices. Certificates in PRINCE II and ITIL are preferred.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or a local language is an asset.
How to Apply