The job holder will be responsible for implementation of the University’s ICT Strategy, development of information technology and Communication systems, and management of ICT Security.
- Develop, document and revise system design procedures, test procedures and quality standards;
- Establish efficient and effective ICT systems in the University;
- Integrate ICT into University’s operations and institutionalize automated systems for performance management;
- Plan to minimize the risk of data loss, breach of privacy and confidentiality for the University;
- Coordinate, monitor and evaluate ICT programs activities and implement ICT projects within the organization;
- Undertake periodic review of the ICT system projects and procedures and recommend improvement;
- Participate in the development, review and update existing policy regulations on ICT management;
- Prepare and execute medium plan and annual budget for the ICT department;
- Plan, manage and control the activities of ICT User Support Administrators, Labs
- Administrators and the Service Desk;
- Manage the expectations and schedules for ICT resolution activities;
- Provide technical computing advice and solutions to user problems
- Maintain and active awareness and knowledge of new computing service developments;
- Carry out system audits on the utilization and viability of the University software;
- Train of ICT users on new systems within the University;
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Masters Degree in Computer Science/Information Technology or related field
- BSc Technology, Electronics Engineering or Equivalent qualification
- Navision Certification, Database Certification.
- Have proficient skills in systems analysis, design and implementation;
- 6 to 8 years’ experience with at least 3 years’ experience at a management level.
OTHER SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Knowledge of relevant professional standards.
- Understand the Regulations that apply to installations, repairs and maintenance of
- electricity systems and appliances in Kenya.
How To Apply
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements should submit an application letter indicating current and desired salary, a detailed CV and three references via email to email@example.com by 23rd August 2021. KCAU staff are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Director, Human Resources,
P.O. Box 56808-00200,