ICT and Asset Management Systems Developer Job, Latest IT Jobs In Kenya,
- Advert -
- Advert -
- Within the delegated authority and under the supervision of the Regional Supply Chain Lead and under the overall guidance of the Emergency Operations Support and Logistics Manager, the UN Volunteer will:
- Be responsible for the Hub’s ICT systems development and asset management and control.
- Design and develop a web-based solution to improve Asset control and generate various reports for management and other stakeholders. · Provide specialized advice to users, analysing users’ requirements and translating these into new applications.
- Organize and perform unit and integrated testing, designing and utilizing test bases.
- Develop training materials, operating and user manuals; train staff in using the system.
- Develop disaster recovery plans and ensure appropriate planning and training of those responsible.
- Research, analyse, and evaluate new technologies and make recommendations for their deployment.
- Ensure the accuracy of entries by checking information registered in the Fixed Assets Register.
- Administer the sale of Assets that are no longer in use in accordance with the approval of the OSL Manager.
- Supervise periodic physical verification (at least once every biennium) of all WHO Assets and reconcile them against the Fixed Asset register. Prepare discrepancies to report for management control and financial decision purposes (items not recorded, not found, or disposed off).
- Coordinate the transfer of assets from person-to-person or unit to unit and ensure that this is reflected in the central fixed assets.
- Supervise the process of disposal of obsolete assets and ensure that assets are disposed of in the best interest of the Organization and those records are updated in the Fixed Asset Register.
- Participate in any other activity that may be required in connection with the ICT systems development and Asset management and perform any other OSL specific related duties, as required by the functional supervisor.
- Candidate must be a national of a country other than the country of assignment.
- Advert -
- 5 years of experience in ICT Systems analysis and development at the international level.
- Must have proven experience in developing Web-based solutions.
- Is proficient in Content Management System (such as Drupal, SharePoint etc.).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Design, develop and maintain websites and applications.
- Expert and skilled Software Engineer in all facets of Software Engineering.
- Experience leading in developing corporate software suite leveraging and building upon existing systems.
- Design and develop testing and post implementation review of the systems. · Develop technical documentation alongside agile development.
How to Apply