- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 5 – 10 years
- Location Nairobi
- Job Field Human Resources / HR
- Advert -
The purpose of this role is to assist the Head of Human Resources (HHR) across the entire HR value chain for all our entities, including but not limited to drafting of policies and procedures, contracts, payroll, statutory requirements and compliance, tax compliance, compensation and benefit development, salary benchmarking, performance management standards and scorecards, global mobility and work eligibility, the development and implementation of the HR strategy across our offices, and any other HR related functions.
- Advert -
KEY REQUIREMENTS & ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and implement HR strategies that align with the organization’s overall goals and objectives, including analysing the organization’s workforce, identifying areas for improvement, and developing plans to address those areas.
- Use data analytics and reporting to identify trends and insights that can help to inform HR strategies; maintain HR metrics and dashboards that track key performance indicators related to talent acquisition, performance management, diversity and inclusion, and compensation and benefits.
- Develop and implement change management strategies and plans to ensure successful adoption of new initiatives and projects.
- Work closely with internal stakeholders, including Partners, line managers, and employees, to identify and manage potential resistance to change; communicate effectively with all stakeholders to ensure that they are aware of the changes and the benefits they will bring.
- Identify and mitigate risks associated with change initiatives and train employees on new processes, systems, and technology to ensure successful adoption.
- Drive and run inductions and on-boarding; assist with developing and implementing employee training and development programs to enhance the skills and knowledge of our workforce.
- Support the performance management process, including setting goals and objectives, conducting performance evaluations, and providing feedback to employees.
- Managing employee relations, including addressing workplace conflicts, grievances, and complaints; develop and implement policies and procedures to ensure a positive work environment.
- Manage employee compensation and benefits programs, including benchmarking, administering benefits such as health insurance and retirement plans, and negotiating contracts with suppliers for these services.
- Ensure that the organization complies with all relevant employment laws and regulations, including equal employment opportunity laws, labour laws, and safety regulations.
- Monitor and stay up-to-date with all relevant labour laws and regulations, including changes in legislation and legal requirements.
- Provide guidance and support to managers and employees on HR policies and procedures, including employment contracts, and respond to any related questions or concerns.
- Develop and implement strategies that promote diversity and inclusion within the organization, and work to create a culture that values diversity.
- Administrative tasks such as maintaining employee records, managing employee files, and assisting with payroll queries.
- Build a culture of continuous improvement and change readiness within the organization.
EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND PERSONAL COMPETENCIES:
- Strong academic background – Human Resources postgraduate degree as a minimum.
- Minimum of 5 to 10 relevant years’ experience, including at least five years of previous full-function HR management, including recruitment experience in a management consulting or professional services environment.
- Experience of working in African countries.
- Professional services firm experience would be preferred
- In-depth knowledge of labour laws and regulation, in particular within Africa.
- Strong research, analytical and lateral thought processes.
- Excellent English communication and writing skills – ability to communicate at all levels.
- Strong drafting and review skills for employment contracts, policies, training materials, etc.
- Proactive self-starter who can be assertive.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong planning and organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise.
- Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines.
- Perseverance and resilience.
- Sound problem solving and judgement skills.
- Professional, ethical and confidential approach to dealing with sensitive information – a high degree of confidentiality.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified?