Human Resource Systems Change Manager Job, Kenyan NGO Jobs 2022,
- Advert -
Position Title: Human Resource Systems Change Manager (N)
- Advert -
Reports To: Human Resource Coordinator
- Advert -
Job Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Grade Level: Grade 8, Level 2 Manager
- Advert -
Church World Service (CWS) is a not-for-profit, faith-based organization transforming communities around the globe through just and sustainable solutions to hunger, poverty, displacement and disaster. CWS does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, genetic information, age, disability or veteran status in employment or in the provision of services.
- Advert -
The HR systems Change Manager is responsible for overseeing the HR Systems within CWS Africa. This role will oversee day to day implementation of the organization HRIS systems. The HRIS system will involve the payroll processing system, Applicant tracking systems, HR related reports in adherence to the organization policy while maintaining data integrity. This position ensures RSC Africa’s HR priorities and targets are met and standard operating procedures are strictly adhered to.
- Advert -
This role will supervise the HR Officer System Change and HR Assistant Systems Change
- Oversees and maintains optimal function of the organizations internal HR information services systems, which may include database management, customization, development, maintenance, and upgrades to applications, systems, and modules.
- Develop and implement change management frameworks for HRIS in addition to creating overall frameworks for similar and/ or future change processes.
- Develops human resource policies and procedures to ensure the HRIS meets organizational needs and goals.
- Ensure all HR Systems users are fully trained, identify, and implement changes to improve system efficiency, maintain robust data and protect the integrity and quality of HR data
- Ensure that the development and enhancement of the systems portfolio is aligned to the HR strategic objectives
- Actively build and maintain strong relationships with appropriate external stakeholders to enhance and support the systems function
- Support HR function to define user requirements and build strong relationships with key stakeholders and specialist functions including Talent Acquisition and Payroll
- Provides technical support, troubleshooting, and guidance to HR employees.
- Resolve technical and service delivery issues escalated from HR systems team, continually reviewing service performance and identify opportunities for improvement including identifying and mitigating risks to HR data accuracy. Escalate potential serious issues to the External stake holders.
- Ensure that process and systems development maintain and enhances the accuracy of HR management information
- Ensure that the roles within the system align to the agreed responsibilities to the user groups.
- Manage, motivate, and develop HR Systems team and ensure optimal performance and continual delivery. Identify development needs and manage individual performance.
- Collaborates with executive leadership and HR staff to identify needed improvements and enhancements to existing information services and databases; recommends and implements solutions.
- Manages permissions, access, personalization, and similar system operations and settings for HR services users.
- Programs custom functions and documentation such as automated queries, filters, macros, and reports.
- Compiles or assists with acquisition of complex data reports, summaries, and logs requested by senior Leadership team and HR staff.
- Serves as lead representative and liaison between HR, Information Services, external vendors, and other stakeholders for HR database design and implementation projects.
- Ensures system compliance with data security and privacy requirements.
- Maintains knowledge of trends and developments in data management and security, HR technology, and HRIS applications.
- Oversees the procurement of appropriate hardware and software to ensure that the organization has high quality, efficient systems
- Keeps up to date with the latest HR systems developments and best practice
- Facilitates migration to a unified HRIS if required.
- Eight (8) years’ work experience is required
- Two (2) years of direct supervisory experience
- Documented change management experience
- Proven experience working in an HR management capacity with large multi-cultural teams.
- Experience with overseas processing or US refugee resettlement preferred.
- Thorough understanding of all areas of information systems with a highly technical understanding Significant experience of HR and Payroll systems, within a large and complex organization
- Thorough understanding of HRIS systems and data protection polies within sub-Saharan Africa.
- Ability to manage a busy team in a fast-paced environment and with strong ability to multitask
- Strong Project management skills with proven experience of project management and implementationn
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Excellent interpersonal, influencing, presentation and communication skill
- Highly customer service focussed
- Sound judgement and strong decision-making skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and technical support skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Ability to keep information confidential.
- Thorough understanding of database construction.
Education & Certifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource Management or related area with postgraduate qualification/certification in Human Resource management, or four years additional relevant work experience in lieu of a bachelor’s degree.
- Two 2 years of HRIS management in a fast paced organization required.
- Master’s degree is preferred
- Work and make decisions independently and contribute to overall operations at management levels
- Exercise good judgment and seek guidance as appropriate when confronted with unanticipated.
- Maintain a high-performance standard with attention to detail, completing tasks within set timeframes.
- Exercise good judgement and seek guidance as appropriate when confronted with unanticipated problems.
- Deal effectively and courteously with a large number of associates, outside agencies, refugees and members of the general public.
- Manage large and diverse workload under pressure with competing priorities.
- Maintain the integrity of official records.
- Analyze and solve complex problems and make sound decisions.
- Work with minimal supervision
- Maintain a high-performance standard with attention to detail.
- Work independently and contribute to overall operations of RSC Africa.
- Actively participate in the implementation of the U.S. Refugee Admissions Program (USRAP).
- Be flexible with changing of daily duties as needed.
- Strong English communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment required.
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion and willingness to support CWS’ Platform on Racial
- as a CWS employee required.
- COVID Vaccination is strongly recommended for all successful candidates
- The candidate should be of good health, willing and able to travel extensively in often difficult conditions and have a high degree of flexibility. Must have proof of Yellow Fever vaccination before traveling for RSC Africa/Remove if not applicable.
- This position is based in Nairobi, Kenya
- This position always requires use of laptops, competence in Microsoft office packages is required.
- This position may require travel in sub-Saharan Africa on short notice and under sometimes difficult conditions to meet demands of a dynamic operational program
- Background check which includes references, and an educational criminal check is required before the start of employment for international applicants.
- A valid passport and the ability to maintain a valid passport throughout the entire appointment is required, which includes having enough passport pages for travel.
- Physical: This position requires bending, squatting, crawling, climbing, kneeling, sitting, standing, walking, pushing/pulling, handling objects (manual dexterity), reaching above shoulder level, using fine finger movements, and lifting/carrying heavy loads.
- Environmental: Incumbents in this position will be exposed to excessive noise, marked changes in temperature and/or humidity, dust and infectious diseases, harsh weather climates, long work hours, bumpy roads, extended travel, excessive sun exposure, and non-ventilated spaces.
- All employees should be prepared to work from the CWS office within their location of hire. Remote work arrangements may vary depending on location and the governing rulings regarding the COVID-19 pandemic
How to Apply