Kijani Holdings Human Resource and Admin Officer will be responsible for HR and administrative tasks and ensure policies and procedures are followed through with all staff and across all departments.
- Minimum Qualification: Bachelor
- Experience Level: Mid level
- Experience Length: 5 years
The Human resource & admin officer will report to the Director of Operations.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES.
i. Human Resources Management duties
• Be actively involved in recruitment by preparing job descriptions, posting ads and managing the hiring process;
• Sitting in the interviewing panel and assisting in selecting potential applicants based on experience, skills, and education;
• Develop, formalize and implement the HR strategy based on the operational needs and challenges in close collaboration with the directors.
• Drawing up plans for future personnel hiring procedures and goals;
• Overseeing and reviewing employee safety, welfare, wellness and health procedures;
• Organizing and managing new employee orientation, on-boarding, and training programs;
• Updating job requirements when needed;
• Contacting applicants references and performing background checks required by company;
• Assist in employee’s performance appraisal and management processes;
• Create and updating personnel database and files;
• Explaining and providing information on employee benefits, programs, and education;
• Covering all human resource legal compliance requirements in accordance with the applicable laws;
• Answering employee questions and addressing employee concerns within the company;
• Support the management of disciplinary and grievance handling processes;
• Maintain employee records such as attendance, leave day records according to policy and legal requirements; and,
• Negotiating salaries, contracts, working conditions or redundancy packages with staff.
• Designs and implements office administration policies by establishing standards and procedures; measuring results against standards; making necessary adjustments.
• Bridge management and employee relations by addressing demands, grievances or other issues.
ii. Office Administrator duties
• Coordinate office activities and operations to secure efficiency and compliance to company policies;
• Track stocks of office supplies and place orders when necessary;
• Coordinate clerical duties such as answering phone calls, responding to emails, and preparing documents, including office correspondence, proposals, memos, and presentations;
• Supporting the Account’s department with basic book-keeping tasks such as invoicing, handling expenses, billing cycles, monitoring accounts both receivable and payables, and budget tracking;
• Maintaining paper work and general office files, including employee files, job files, vendor files, and other files related to the company’s operations;
• Preparing requisitions and Purchasing office supplies, and equipment;
• Photocopying and filing relevant documents as needed;
• Overseeing the maintenance of office facilities and equipment;
• Assist in planning and arranging organization events including managing caterers among other suppliers;
• Interacts with directors and carries out their requests;
• Managing the Managing Director’s diary;
• Creating meeting agendas and taking minutes; and,
• Performing other relevant duties when needed.
KEY SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
• Very proficient with the Kenya Employment laws and policies;
• Great communication and interpersonal skills;
• Good listener, critical thinker and ethical judgment;
• Ability to evaluate the skills required in the organization in order to select the right person for a specific job;
• Strong negotiation and mediation skills;
• Good social perceptiveness;
• Ability to work methodologically while still being able to multi-task;
• Organizational skills and ability to manage tight deadlines;
• Self-starter who works well with minimal supervision;
• Creative and adaptable; and,
• Team player.
ADDITIONAL SKILLS AND BEHAVIOUR TRAITS:
• Flexible and ready to work well in other roles;
• Able to practice confidentiality
• Must have high integrity
• Must be disciplined and capable of taking instruction
• Results oriented; and.
• Minimum of A degree in Human Resource Management or any related field;
• Must be member of any relevant human resource profession body
• At least 5 years’ experience in a Human Resource & Administrative role in SME’s. Reason for this is due to the additional responsibilities.
• Experience in implementation, follow through & adaptation of policies and Standard Operation Procedures (SOP).
• Experience in working with Human resource systems. Reason for this is due to the fact that we are implementing HR systems.
• High degree of integrity.
• Set salary range of a gross of between Ksh 60,000 and Ksh 70,000. Negotiable based on the level of experience that the candidate will have.