Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Head of Human Resource, the position holder will be responsible for the following, amongst others:
- Assist in developing, updating and implementing Human resource policies and procedures.
- Provide HR advice in accordance with current legislation, University policies and procedures and best practice.
- Process documentation and preparation of reports relating to personnel activities such as staffing, recruitment, training, grievances and performance evaluations.
- Track the performance management cycle, processes and ensure timely completion of performance appraisals.
- Processing of contract/resignation/termination/dismissal letters to employees.
- Preparation and submission of ad hoc and regular reports
- Processing of data for administrative planning
- Good and keeping records, filing and retrievals.
- Assist in payroll preparation by providing relevant data
- Take minutes in human resource related committees in the university.
- Provide front line support and advice on all people related issues, particularly discipline, grievance, performance and sickness.
- Perform any other duty as may be assigned by the supervisor.
The suitable candidate should have the following qualifications and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in human resource management.
- Must be Certified Human Resource Profession 11 (CHRP 11)
- Post graduate diploma/degree in Human Resources Management will be an added advantage.
- Must be an active member of the Institute of Human Resource Management (IHRM) in good standing.
- 6 years’ relevant experience as an HR generalist OR as an employee relations officer in a busy Human Resource department.
- Possess working knowledge of the labour laws.
- Computer literacy and efficiency in the use of Microsoft Office packages.
- Good administrative and coordination skills
- Ability to manage and sustain high cost center performance, compliance and performance Standards.
How To Apply
Each application shall be accompanied by detailed Curriculum Vitae, Copies of Relevant Academic and Professional Certificates, National Identity Card or Passport, Testimonials, and other relevant supporting documents. Scanned copies of these documents must accompany the email application.
- Applicants must also submit the following:
- Clearance from Kenya Revenue Authority
- Clearance from Higher Education Loans Board
- Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
- Clearance from Credit Reference Bureau
- Criminal Investigation Department (Certificate of Good Conduct)
- Certificate of Good Conduct from Criminal Investigation Department.
- Letters of recommendation (in sealed envelopes) from at least three persons familiar with the applicant’s professional experience and general character one of whom must be the pastor of their local church.
All the positions above require individuals who are committed to Christian values and are of high ethical standards, integrity, and professionalism. All applications shall clearly be marked with the Reference Number of the Advertised position “Application for the position of (position applied for)”and submitted as follows:
- Three (3) hard copies, and
- An electronic copy in PDF format to be sent direct to the Vice Chancellor on email: email@example.com
Three hard copies marked as per the position should be sent to:
The Vice Chancellor
Kenya Methodist University
P.O. Box 267 – 60200
So as to reach the Vice Chancellor not later than 15th October 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applicants are required to request their referees to write to us directly using the above address.