Housekeeper Job, Current Kenyan Hotel Jobs 2023,
- Advert -
- Advert -
Avenue Healthcare is one of the leading private healthcare groups in East Africa running 3 Hospitals, and 13 clinics across Kenya, and a Homecare business. With over 25 years in the healthcare industry, Avenue Healthcare runs 300 hospital beds with over 1,000 staff members, and more than 400 specialists and serves over 400,000 patients annually, offeringprimary, secondary, and tertiary.
Position : Executive House Keeper
Department : Operations
Reports to : Operations Manager
Location : Kisumu Hospital
No. of Posts : 1
Application Deadline : 2023-05-01
- Advert -
Lead the Housekeeping Department by developing and implementing departmental objectives in line with the Avenue group’s company policies and procedures.
- Advert -
- 1. Supervise housekeeping operations such as cleaning and maintenance whilst ensuring compliance with all housekeeping policies, procedures, standards, and satisfaction of clients’ needs
- 2. Responsible for cleanliness, orderliness and appearance of the entire Hospital. Ensure excellence in housekeeping sanitation, safety, comfort, and aesthetics for clients and guests.
- 3. Inspect all areas and take corrective measures to meet Avenue’s Standards in terms of cleanliness, maintenance, and supply.
- 4. Maintain an inventory of the furniture, linen, uniforms and movable equipment and other fixed assets in the patient holding areas, offices, and related premises and to ensure they are regularly checked.
- 5. Inspect and approve all supply requisitions for the housekeeping department, and to maintain par stock, inventory control, and cost-control procedures for all materials.
- 6. Select, train, develop, schedule, and manage the performance of direct and indirect subordinates to ensure the efficient running of housekeeping operations.
- 7. Manage cleaning supplies, linen inventory and guest supplies and the ordering of supplies as necessary to meet quality standards and hospital business needs.
- 8. Ensure the provision of proper uniforms for all staff.
- 9. Participate in all refurbish and renovation projects planning, execution, and final set up including snag lists
- 10. Ensure that client facing areas, offices and guest facilities are made as per company standard.
- 11. Prepare the annual budget and manning guide and manage the housekeeping department within budgetary guidelines
- 12. Coordinate and oversee pest eradication activities.
- 13. Plan & organize decoration for special functions and festive seasons.
- 14. Accomplish a set of administrative duties such as leading and attending meetings, writing reports and memos, and other specific duties related to the job function.
- 15. Plan, control and supervise Horticultural activities.
- 16. Attending and resolving guest complaints.
- 17. Daily inspection of public areas and employee’s locker rooms.
- 18. Coordinating the preventive maintenance schedule of all non-clinical equipment and areas.
- 19. Any other duty as may be assigned from time to time by your immediate supervisor in line withthe needs of the business
- 1. Higher Diploma in housekeeping or hotel management. Bachelors degree added advantage
- 2. 3+ years’ experience in a housekeeping senior management position, in a 4 star or 5 Star Hotel setting
- 3. Operational knowledge of housekeeping and laundry equipment and chemicals
- 4. Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- 5. Attention to detail
- 6. Result Oriented and customer focused
How to Apply