Head, Marketing and Communications Job, Latest Communication Jobs In Kenya April,
- Advert -
KCB Group is looking for a talented, creative, and dynamic Communications expert who will play a crucial role in proactively driving new news and respond to news cycle moments that affect the banking industry and assist in producing compelling storytelling for use across multiple platforms.
- Advert -
The successful candidate will need to be curious learner, a persistent journalist always looking for opportunities to report news or tell our stories in interesting and creative ways, an excellent writer and communicator; a creative problem solver; goal-oriented, a self-starter and an outstanding collaborator partnering with all KCB group staff across all levels.
Reporting to the Group Director Marketing and Communications the Head Marketing and Communication this position is responsible for managing development and implementation of the marketing and brand communication strategies for internal and external purposes that builds the KCB brand reputation, drives significant visibility, positions KCB as a thought leader and creates the opportunities to drive sales, growth, profitability and relevant market share in collaboration with the other revenue and enabling functions of the Bank.
- Advert -
- In collaboration with the internal and agency teams, develop communication Strategies that anchor brand and marketing communications and position KCB as a thought leader and a leader in Corporate Reputation.
- Ensure that strategies are disseminated to subsidiaries for localization and execution of the same is adhered to.
- In liaison with the brand teams across the group, champion Brand and Marketing PR initiatives
- Give counsel to the business on day-to-day activities that need publicity support.
- In collaboration with agencies, support brand teams in development of communication strategies and material that are aligned to their various needs.
- Stay abreast of the media landscape and emerging engagement trends and tactics in KCB’s markets of operation.
- In collaboration with the agency teams, draft press releases and relevant collateral on brand an marketing activities across the business units, prepare feature pitches and send to key media outlets as needed.
- Maintain calendar of upcoming media moments.
- Support subsidiary businesses in communication and advocacy initiatives internally and externally.
- Maintain a network of trusted stakeholders/thought leaders that help in amplifying communication initiatives.
For the above position, the successful applicant should have the following:
- Advert -
- University Degree preferably in Business related field with relevant marketing qualifications/ certifications. Having a postgraduate and or Marketing and Communication qualification will be an added advantage.
- 8 or more years of progressive experience (preferably from large organizations) in Strategic Brand and Marketing Communications
- Knowledge of the legal and regulatory operating environment with relevant local/regional/ geopolitical context, trends and challenges.
- Experience in engagement and management of relations with stakeholders, media, impact/advocacy groups, government authorities, business, and financial services regulators.
- Sound technical understanding of the regulatory/operating environment with respect to the product development/management and consumer protection in financial services.
- Demonstrable cross-cultural, people/stakeholder/executive relationship management skills, team
- Strong strategic thinking, possessing energy and creativity. Identifying alternatives, options, and new and different ways of looking at issues and problems
- Strong project management skills with a strong strategic ability for scoping and planning projects.
- Excellent oral, written communication and presentation skills. Experience of preparing and delivering presentations / proposals of a strategic nature
- Team leadership, strategic communication planning, creativity, and innovation in the comms space, results-oriented, organize high profile events.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative, and decentralized environment. Self-motivated and eager to learn.
- Excellent oral communication skills in English.
- Strong interest in financial sector issues with the ability to grasp new material quickly.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Commitment to KCB’s mission and core values.
- Manage all aspects of the organization’s brand, including events to build and maintain a strong identifiable brand character that is communicated clearly and consistently through all channels.
- Ability to speak French a plus.
How to Apply
The above position is a demanding role for which the Bank will provide a competitive remuneration package to the successful candidate. If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please log in to our Recruitment portal and submit your application with a detailed CV.
- Advert -
To be considered your application must be received by Friday,7th April 2023
Qualified candidates with disability are encouraged to apply.
- Advert -
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.