- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 9 years
- Location Nairobi
- Job Field Finance / Accounting / Audit
Roles and Responsibilities
- Advert -
Implementing partner financial monitoring and reporting:
- Advert -
- Review of implementing partners’ progress reports and verification of information reported therein.
- Perform analysis of financial and programmatic information and make recommendations to clients.
- Conduct implementation verifications and spot-checks on an ongoing basis.
- Review key implementer and sub-implementer’s capacities and systems to implementing Fund/ Grant activities.
- Provide advise on the key implementer and sub-implementer’s compliance with grant/funding agreements.
- To assist clients in safeguarding expenditures related to supported activities by reviewing plans (workplans and budgets) and providing recommendations to clients.
- Assess and report on adequacy of fiduciary controls for financial management of donor funds at implementer level.
- Identify areas of financial risks and propose practical risk mitigation approaches.
- Management and escalation of any financial issues to the Team Leader as they arise in the financial oversight of the partners.
- Plan and coordinate meetings that may be required as part of project implementation between partners and clients, including but not limited to project review meetings, budget modifications discussions, and performance meetings.
- The manager will also be expected to support IDAS business development activities including strategy, opportunity tracking, proposal writing, lessons learning and thought leadership.
Qualifications and experience
- Proven experience of fund and grants management in development programmes across a range of sectoral areas. Candidates with experience in the health sector will have an added advantage.
- A minimum of 9 years of relevant experience working in a financial role, preferably with at least 4 years of post-qualification experience related to:
- financial accounting, with the ability to review and analyse accounting transactions;
- reviewing and negotiating budgets;
- financial management systems, with the ability to review and assess internal controls and financial processes and procedures and provide recommendations for improvement;
- review of financial statements (including income and expenditure statements, balance sheets and cash reconciliation statements); and
- review and interpretation of audit reports.
- Well-developed presentation, proposal and report writing, communication and interpersonal skills.
- University degree in Finance/Accounting or a related field. Master’s degree is highly preferred and/or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
- An internationally recognised professional finance or accounting qualification – e.g. Institute of Certified Management Accountants (ICMA), Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Chartered Management Accountant (CMA), Chartered Accountant Certification, Chartered Financial Analyst etc.
Closing: 4 April 2023.
Method of Application
If your career aspirations match this exciting opportunity, please use the link below to apply:
- Advert -
- Grant and Fund Manager/Finance Specialist – Candidate’s Summary Link.
- Senior – Accounting & Payroll Outsourced Services (APOS)
Filling the link is mandatory for consideration alongside your application to email@example.com quotingthe positions as the subject