Are you outgoing, enthuastic and a highly motivated professional with a genuine interest in financial markets and looking for an opportunity to build a career in a fast-paced environment? If yes, The Co-operative Bank of Kenya “The Kingdom Bank” is the ideal place that will give you an opportunity to grow and develop an exciting career that will allow you to utilize your knowledge of the treasury functions, the foreign exchange functions, banking services, financial sector and all key relevant stakeholders.
Reporting to Head of Treasury, the role holder will be responsible for Foreign Exchange functions of position management and income generation as well as Unit strategy development and implementation in liaison with the Head of Trading Desk.
The successful jobholder will be expected to:
- Develop, document and implement the Treasury trading strategy on all currency pairs traded based on fundamental and technical analysis in liaison with Head of Trading Desk.
- Manage the bank’s FX position while monitoring statutory and internal limits.
- Carry out market survey and intelligence to establish market expectations on trends for key currency pairs.
- Trade in Foreign Exchange to achieve budget foreign exchange revenue.
- Meet customer needs on all currency transactions
- Manage all Inter-Bank Foreign Exchange trading unit activities ensuring all procedures and policies are followed.
- Actively contribute to improvements in quality/efficiency of treasury products delivery processes.
- Handle position and profit reconciliations in liaison with Market Risk, finance and back office departments.
- Support the training program of Trainee & Junior dealers in the unit
Qualifications, Skills & Attributes
The successful jobholder will be required to possess the following qualifications: –
- A Bachelor’s degree in any Business related field, mathematics or engineering
- At least four (4) years of general banking experience, with at least a minimum of 2 years in direct foreign exchange and money market trading and treasury operations
- Be a Certified Foreign Exchange and Money market Dealer (ACI) and in possession of ACI dealing certification.
- Good knowledge of risk management and its application to financial markets.
- Thorough knowledge of the end-to end processes of Treasury products and services.
- Experience in using FX trading platforms.
- Analytical skills and excellent flair for numbers.
- Good negotiation skills and an Excellent Team Player.
- Good understanding of micro and macroeconomics to interpret likely currency and interest rate trends both locally and on international markets.
- Knowledge of Local and international market events and their likely impact on currency and interest rates
How to apply:
If you are confident that you fit the role and person profile and you are keen to add value to your career then please forward your application letter enclosing detailed Curriculum Vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the job reference number FXD/FSD/2021 by 4th August, 2021.
We are an equal opportunity employer.