Title: Front Office Manager – Hospitality,
Salary: Competitive Package,
Our Client is a well-established Hotel in Nairobi. They seek to hire an experienced and competent Front Office Manager responsible for overseeing and directing all aspects of Front Office operations, which shall include Night Manager, Front Office Supervisor, Duty Managers, Reception, Cashiers, Reservations, Telephone Operator/Concierge and Business Centre.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Monitors Front Office personnel to ensure guests receive prompt, cordial attention and personal recognition.
- Supervises the Front Office Supervisor and Reservations Manager to ensure optimum occupancy and average room rate for the purpose of maximizing revenue.
- Monitors Front Office Personnel, and in liaison with Public Relations team ensures Club life members, known repeat guests and other VIPs receive special attention and recognition.
- Promotes inter-hotel sales and in-house facilities and monitors Front Office Marketing techniques in line with Marketing program.
- Informs other operating departments, notably Housekeeping and Sales of Front Office matters that concern them.
- Establishes and maintains effective employee relations.
- Conducts such functions as interviewing, orientation, hiring, performance appraisal, counseling, coaching, training and staff development if necessary to ensure appropriate staffing and productivity. Consults with section heads, HR Manager and General Manager as appropriate.
- Identifies training needs, develops formal training plans and implements training.
- Assumes overall responsibility for maintaining standards to ensure furnishings, facilities and equipment are clean, in good repair and well maintained.
- Schedules and regularly conducts routine inspections of areas under his/her control.
- Maintains appropriate standards of conducts, dress, hygiene, uniforms, appearance and posture of departmental employees.
- Conducts comprehensive monthly departmental meetings to include a review of procedures and events, which warrant special handling and detailed information.
- Controls and analyses on an on-going basis, departmental costs to ensure performance against budget.
- Participates in the preparation of the hotel’s Strategic Plan, Marketing Plan and Goals Program. Prepares the Front Office Departmental Budget.
- Prepares and submits statistical, performance and forecast reports as necessary, to facilitate Annual Budget and Strategic Plan preparation and provide management with marketing information.
- Checks billing instructions and guest credit for compliance with hotel credit policy. Ensure billing documents are sent to accounts in a timely manner.
- Analyses and approves discounts and rebates, in liaison with the General Manager.
- Analyses the rate variance report prepared by the income auditor to ensure room revenue controls.
- Communicates to the General Manager or his designate all information likely to be of interest to them, such as the expected arrival and departure of VIPs and all other pertinent information.
- Checks the Housekeepers Report in the mornings and afternoon.
- Carry out daily spot checks of guest rooms.
- Performs related duties and special projects as assigned