Position: Franchise Officer,
Our client is an e-commerce platform with a distribution solution to serve the market in deep rural areas. They are currently looking to hire a Franchise Officer who will be responsible for the supervision, training, communication and providing support to the franchisees on a day to day basis, including actual field visits.
- Meet sales and margin target for each franchise shop.
- Manage at least 12 franchise shops.
- Ensure each franchise shop is compliant to company policies and procedures
- Ensure the franchisee is conducting spot checks every day.
- Ensure the franchisee is sending cash for the previous day sales in full, every day.
- Follow up with finance department to ensure all cash is banked and reconciled per franchise shop
- Support the franchisee in sales management and training.
- Support the franchisee in product display, merchandising and promotions.
- Support in continuous price and product mix review per franchise shop.
- In liaison with the franchise, seek feedback on areas of improvement on a continuous basis.
- Find the root cause and escalate any non-compliant franchisees to franchise manager.
- Act as first point of contact to franchisee, have an open door communication policy, ensure all franchisees are well motivated and their grievances handled on a fairly and timely manner through the HR Department.
- Perform field visits as needed.
- Any other duty as requested by management.
- Must have a degree or diploma in any business related course
- Must have 1 to 3 years working experience in sales, shop management etc.
- Excellent time management skills
- Good report writing skills
- Computer literate
- Good communication skills and fluency in English and Swahili
- Proper cash and inventory management skills
- Good shop layout skills
- Proper negotiation skills
- Be willing to work for a startup, ability to run a business on lean costs
- Open to interact with the base of the pyramid (BOP) communities in the last mile rural areas.
- Must also be willing to travel in rural areas.
- Female candidates encouraged to apply