Federation of Women Lawyers in Kenya (FIDA Kenya) welcomes applications from qualified candidates for the following vacant position:
FIDA/IS/10/2021: Finance Manager, Nairobi.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the successful candidate will oversee all financial management and accounting functions, including designing and implementing financial management systems, preparing budgets, and tracking expenditures, preparing financial reports, and managing the audit process.
Further, the FM will work with the Program Teams to maintain good financial control processes to ensure a high level of resource stewardship and strict compliance with donor policies, rules, and regulations.
- Ensure proper financial and procurement procedures and systems are implemented and maintained.
- Coordination, preparation, and review of annual organizational budgets.
- Ensure compliance with internal, statutory, and donor regulations with respect to financial management and reporting.
- Oversee preparation of monthly, quarterly, and financial reporting as per organization and donor requirements ensuring adherence to strict deadlines.
- Preparation and presentation of management accounts.
- Monitoring and approval of payments in accordance with approved budgets.
- Timely preparation and submission of financial reports to development partners in line with agreements.
- Management of annual audit process in accordance with IAS.
- Provide financial advice and technical support to programs.
- Provision of timely and sound advice to the management and Board on financial matters for decision making.
- Provision of leadership, supervision, and mentoring to the finance team.
- Development of budgets to support proposals submitted for funding.
- The above list of job duties is not exhaustive, and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks as may reasonably be expected within the scope of the post.
The ideal candidate should have the following qualifications and attributes: –
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (finance, accounting, or economics). A masters’ degree in a related field is preferred.
- Must have CPA- K or ACCA certification and be a member of the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK).
- A minimum of seven (7) years’ experience in the NGO setting; 3+ years being in a senior-level management experience.
- Advanced computer skills and proficiency in MS Office, ERP system, and financial management systems, specifically QuickBooks.
- Experience budgeting and reporting for donor-funded projects and knowledge in proposal writing.
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational and coordination skills, strong customer service focus, and ability to work well with people from varied backgrounds and cultures at all levels in the organization.
- Ability to work collaboratively, to multi-task, and work under pressure.
- Shortlisted candidates will be required to have a valid Certificate of Good Conduct.
How to apply
Interested candidates who fully meet the above criteria should send an application letter and detailed CV to The Executive Director, FIDA-Kenya, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, 6th August 2021. The application MUST include contacts of three referees, one of whom must be a former supervisor, expected salary, daytime contact, job title, and job reference number. Candidates should NOT attach academic and professional certificates at the application stage.
Only email applications will be considered, and only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
FIDA Kenya is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on any basis (age, gender, sex, race, ethnic origin, social origin, disability, religion, and marital status) and does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process.