The purpose of this role is to assist the Group Head, FI Trade and Correspondent Banking, grow the Financial Institutions business within the Group through the delivery of innovative and customized solutions to meet the specific requirements of Financial Institutions.
- Provide financial information and analysis including market intelligence for use in the preparation of credit reports for financial institutions across the Group.
- Prepare credit reports for approval of the credit committee and provide support for both internal and external correspondent banking clients.
- Develop and maintain correspondent banking relations with both local and foreign banks, to link the bank and its clients to other financial institutions in terms of credit and dealing lines to facilitate their access to both domestic and international markets for various interaction purposes.
Financial Weighting 30%
- Manage active pipeline throughout the year to achieve set financial targets.
- Manage and maintain the list of already executed transactions for tracking purposes.
- Co-ordinate with the Trade Operations team to follow-up on unpaid FI Trade commissions and maintain a list of unpaid FI Trade commissions.
Operational Efficiencies 40 %
- Support payments and customer teams with correspondent banking inter-mediation for transactions done through correspondent banks.
- Collect Financial Information and prepare Credit Applications for various Financial Institutions for the purpose of establishing FI Limits for Kenya and the subsidiaries.
- Monitor the FI Limits to ensure that they are renewed annually on a timely basis.
- Maintain a file for the completed FI Credit Applications with the Approvals for Audit purposes.
- Attend FI Meetings to take notes and prepare Call reports to be shared to the Trade Finance team.
- Co-ordinate with Treasury Back-office to conduct customer due diligence (CDD) on a regular basis as per laid down standards for correspondent banking.
- Maintain a log to monitor the annual review of Financial Institutions with a view of undertaking the CDD on a timely basis.
Learning and Development 10%
Ensure the recommended hours of learning/training are achieved through E-learning, Internal & External training activities.
- A university undergraduate degree from a recognized University.
- A demonstrated experience in a leadership position.
- A strong Demonstrated sales and business growth background will be core.
- Strong in interpersonal relationships and stakeholder management.
How To Apply