Finn Church Aid – Action for Human Dignity Finn Church Aid (FCA) is the largest Finnish development cooperation organization and the second largest provider of humanitarian assistance. We operate in 15 countries, where the needs are most dire. We work with the poorest people, regardless of their religious beliefs, ethnic background or political convictions.
Finn Church Aid Kenya is looking for a
Finance, Administration and Donor Compliance Manager – 1 Position
Duty Station: Nairobi
Reports to: Country Director
To manage finance, donor compliances and administrative systems and procedures. Capacity build finance and administration unit.
- Overall quality and control of FCA’s finance management in the Kenya Country Office.
- Undertake Routine/frequent financial monitoring visits to the field offices to ensure quality is maintained in all aspects of financial management and adherence to FCA/Donor requirements and that all project activities/expenditures are accounted for and are allowable.
- Reviewing of transaction posted in Quick Books at the CO for accuracy and completeness.
- Budgeting and other financial planning in coordination with the CD and Project Manager.
- Financial Reporting to HO and Donors.
- Take lead in Human Resources Management at the CO and Field offices.
- General lead in administration, logistics and procurement processes by ensuring manuals and policies are followed at all levels.
- Take lead in Capacity building of staff at CO and Field offices finance and administration policies and procedures.
- Take lead in CO internal and external Audits.
- Oversee preparation of monthly payroll and undertake monthly closing procedures including reviewing of bank, petty cash and advances reconciliations.
- Reviewing and approval of payments/documents (both bank and cash).
- Provide timely and appropriate financial information to budget holders/HO and timely requisition of funds for projects from Donors/HO.
- Liaise with other Country offices/HO for interoffice expenses.
- Management of information/filing of documents in CO/HO shared drives (O – drive).
- Other tasks as may be assigned by the CD position upon mutual consultation.
- Ensure donor compliance in all FCA financial reports.
- Maintain and nurture donor relations including timely response to Global Grants arising questions.
- The applicant must hold a University degree or equivalent (e.g. CPA (K)/ACCA/etc.) in accounting, finance, Business Administration, donor relations or other closely related field;
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as a Finance Manager/Director in a development or humanitarian organization;
- High integrity, self-driven and able to set own work schedule with rigorous deadlines;
- Ability to initiate and complete assignments and to work under demanding circumstances with minimal supervision;
- Strong organization, supervisory, problem-solving, interpersonal, communication as well as team building and negotiation skills;
- Specific familiarity with reporting to UNHCR, UNICEF, ECHO, BPRM, USAID and EC;
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to details;
- Proven commitment to accountability practices;
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines, and work with limited supervision;
- Excellent knowledge on both software (MS-Excel and Quick books);
- Good management, communication, teamwork and capacity building of other staff;
- Ability to work independently when necessary, set realistic goals, and work within agreed timelines;
- Ability to work well with people from diverse cultures and communicate effectively to donors and other staff in the unit;
- All Nationals that meet above qualifications can apply.
How to Apply
All qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send a completed Application Letter and Curriculum Vitae to: email@example.com stating the vacancy job title in the subject line.
Deadline for receiving applications is 15th August, 2021
FCA will only contact short- listed applicants.
FCA is an equal opportunity employer, irrespective of gender, race or religious affiliation. FCA is a signatory to the Code of Conduct for humanitarian agencies. Attempts to influence recruitment procedures through phone calls, emails or inducements of any kind will lead to disqualifications