You are an ambassador for the exceptional service and cuisine that are hallmarks of our culinary experience. You are creative and looking to grow your culinary career with us.
What is in it for you:
- Learning programs through our Academies and the opportunity to earn qualifications while on internship
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference in the local community through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
- Working as part of the kitchen team this position involves food preparation and presentation with flair for breakfast, lunch and dinner for A la Carte, room service, functions and buffet service
- Maintains a clean and hygienic work environment whilst ensuring a product of high quality and presentation standards
- Demonstrate commitment to customer service for internal and external customers
- Prepare and present menu items showing variety and flair
- Ensure strict stock rotation and minimum wastage. Have stock control procedures implemented and maintained
- Prepare and ensure availability of mis en place as required
- Keep all working areas clean and tidy. Ensure all equipment is maintained, serviced and cleaned. Report any problems to the Executive Sous Chef
- Be familiar with other areas in the Kitchen so when called upon, assistance can be provided.
- Attend and actively participate in all WH&S training required of you by the Hotel.
- Maintain standards of hygiene for food handling and presentation as prescribed by council / legislative regulations.
- Ensure all equipment is kept in good working order and used only for the purpose for which it was intended. Report all broken or damaged departmental equipment to your Supervisor and record on appropriate maintenance report form.
- Participate in scheduled training and development programs provided by the Hotel to improve self and department standards and attend departmental meetings as required.
Your experience and skills include:
- Possibility of making a study agreement of at least 6 months
- Proficient in the English language
- Creative person with great attention to detail
- Proactive and reactive, with a positive attitude, and a good disposition to work as a team
How to Apply