As a casual member of the Fairmont The Norfolk Stewarding Team, you are essential to the success of the Food and Beverage operation. Our team is passionate about developing innovative, focused, and thoughtful individuals that will use a guest-focused approach in all applications of their job functions. Together, we shape an environment that cultivates talent and growth. Our culture distinguishes the quality of our services and offerings in the world’s ever changing hospitality landscape. We are part of an evolution where every detail matters, especially in our interactions. We pledge to be an inspiration to others, in our drive to being the best versions of ourselves in everything we do. Your dynamic attention to detail, focus, and enthusiasm will make our guests feel unique and valued.
What is in it for you:
- Learning programs through our Academies and the opportunity to earn qualifications while you work
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference in the local community through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
- Career development opportunities with national and international promotion opportunities.
- Responsible for the cleanliness and sanitizing of all surfaces
- Keeping floors and work areas clear of hazards and obstruction
- Responsible of the operation of kitchen cleaning equipment
- Operation of dish machines for washing all hotel dishes include chinaware, glassware and flatware
- Maintain a hygienic working environment in accordance with Health Department regulations, Brand and Departmental Standards.
- Passionate about maintaining a clean and safe working environment
- Understanding of food safety and hygiene
- Ability to perform job specifications with attention to detail, speed and accuracy
Your team and working environment:
Fairmont The Norfolk Hotel has played a leading role in Kenya’s colorful history, and continues to be Nairobi’s finest and best-known luxury hotel. The town and later the modern city of Nairobi grew up around Fairmont The Norfolk hotel, which boasts 170 guest rooms and suites, and still has its own private tropical gardens. The hotel is still the traditional starting point for safaris and the Lord Delamere Terrace is modern Nairobi’s most famous meeting place, where drinks and light meals are served continuously from morning until midnight.
How to Apply