Administration Jobs In Kenya.
- Advert -
Executive Assistant, Africa Public Health Foundation (APHF).
- Advert -
The Executive Assistant provides comprehensive executive support under the direction of the Chief Executive Officer (CEO). The Executive Assistant serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters related to the duties and responsibilities of the CEO.
This dynamic position requires the ability to anticipate needs, think critically, and offer solutions to problems with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality. The ideal individual will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities. The Executive Assistant must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
Required Qualifications, Skills, and Competencies
- Advert -
- Bachelor’s degree required in any relevant field of study.
- A professional qualification or specific training like Chartered Personal Executive Assistant (CPEA), Advanced Certificate for the Executive Assistant (ACEA), Certified Professional Secretary or any other relevant executive assistant training will be an added advantage
- Strong work tenure: Five (5) to ten (10) years of experience preferably in a non-profit organization
- Significant executive support experience of over five (5) years, supporting C-level
- Executives, council/board in Not-for-profit, and working with regional organizations will be an advantage
- Strong organizational skills that reflect the ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- Strong ability to execute work with a diversity, equity, and inclusion lens
- Expert proficiency with Microsoft Office applications such as Outlook, Word, and Excel with the ability to design and edit PowerPoint presentations and materials
- Ability to present information in an insightful and structured manner, both written and oral
- Exceptional organizational skills and impeccable attention to detail
- A high degree of professionalism, very strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to handle and build relationships with diverse groups of people, including Council/Board members, senior executives, staff, government officials, donors, and funded partners
- Make appropriate, informed decisions regarding priorities and available time
- Ability to react with appropriate levels of urgency to situations and events that require quick response or turnaround
- Able to maintain a high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability
- Highly resourceful team player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high-performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced Environment
- Forward-looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions
- Demonstrated fluency in English speaking and writing skills, with proficiency in other AU official languages considered a plus
- Cultural sensitivity and capacity to work in multicultural diverse contexts
This will be a full-time position based in Nairobi, Kenya, contracted on a two-year basis with the possibility of renewal. We will consider sponsoring applications for work authorization for exceptional candidates.
As part of our dedication to equal employment opportunity and the diversity of our staff, APHF does not discriminate based on race, colour, national origin, ethnicity, gender, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, or any other basis. We especially encourage applications from women.
- Advert -
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and a cover letter, in English and by email only, to firstname.lastname@example.org by 28 April 2023. Please make sure to include “FIRST NAME LAST NAME-EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT” as the subject line; applications that do not include this will be automatically disqualified.
- Advert -
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Shortlisted candidates will be invited to complete a written assessment. Candidates proceeding to the next round will be invited to interview.