- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification KCSE
- Experience 5 years
- Location Nairobi
- Job Field Driving
Key performance areas and main responsibilities:
- Advert -
Fulfils the Transport Needs of the location
- Advert -
- Carries out the driving requirements of the project as directed by the Program Administrator, who is responsible for coordinating vehicle use. This includes conveying the project staff to the various places they may need to visit in the course of their work, efficiently and safely.
- S/he also drives the organisation’s vehicles to all assigned places, delivering and picking up mail & other items as directed.
- Conducts trips using the shortest possible route. Avoids unnecessary deviations and multiple trips to minimise mileage and time wastage.
- Use of SOS Children’s Villages Kenya vehicles for personal trips is strictly prohibited.
- Records all trips in the vehicle mileage logbook.
Ensures the Safety of the Staff
- Drives safely at all times, to protect the safety of staff, visitors & sometimes children.
- Complies to all traffic regulations and stops only where it is safe to do so.
- Follows the correct procedure in the event of an accident. Notifies the Project Manager and appropriate authorities immediately, and renders assistance where necessary.
Maintains the Safety and Security of vehicles
- Performs complete visual safety checks of the vehicles before driving on a daily basis, completing daily pre and post trip checklists. Regularly checks lights, indicators, brakes, tyre pressure, oil, battery and radiator.
- Reports any defects to the Program Administrator and ensures that all necessary servicing is performed by reputable agencies.
- Ensures vehicles are kept in good working order. Possesses manual dexterity for using tools for general maintenance.
- Does simple general maintenance as required on the vehicle
- Report any needed repairs, and delivers the vehicle to the repair site
- Maintains the cleanliness of vehicles by regularly washing the interior and exterior.
- Reconciles fuel bills before sending to Accounts Department for payment processing
- Keeps records of maintenance work done on the vehicle.
- Advert -
- Provides a good role model for the SOS Children’s Villages.
- Carries out all duties in an exemplary manner.
- Ensures vehicles have sufficient fuel at all times and records mileage for each trip made.
Required Qualifications / Abilities
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education.
- At least 5 years working experience working with projects in Non – Governmental Organizations
- Thorough knowledge of traffic laws and traffic patterns is desired.
- A valid driving license free from any current endorsement (s) for classes of the vehicles the driver is required to drive.
- A Defensive Driving Certificate from the Automobile Association of Kenya (AA) or its equivalent
- A Valid certificate of Good Conduct
- A First Aid Certificate Course lasting not less than one week from St Johns Ambulance or any
other recognized institution.
- Occupational Trade Test III Certificate
Method of Application
If you believe your experience, competencies and qualifications match the job and role specifications described; send a Cover Letter & updated CV in PDF with details of 3 traceable referees one of which must be immediate former employer to email@example.com addressed to the Human Resources and Administration Manager to reach us on or before 16th April 2023.
- Advert -
Please indicate location of interest
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted