The School Driver is a whole school appointment and is responsible to the Transport Manager. S/he will work closely with the Transport to ensure transport students to and from School to various destinations and to ensure the safety of the students while in a School vehicle.
- Transport students and teachers on field trips to various locations, planning necessary route(s) and stops as needed.
- Conduct safety & operation inspection of assigned vehicle daily.
- Report any mechanical repairs when necessary
- Perform periodical safety drills as required, completing necessary reports upon request.
- Maintain cleanliness of vehicles to ensure safe operating condition.
- Services school vehicles with oil, diesel fuel and when necessary fills tires and batteries.
- Complete periodic mileage and other reports including student counts.
- Attends driver’s training programs to maintain current knowledge of Road safety and the School’s
- Safeguarding rules as it applies to the operation of vehicles in the transportation of School children.
- A minimum of five years driving experience with a clean driving licence in Class A B C D E G.
- A Police Clearance Certificate and PSV Licence.
- Good knowledge of the National Transport & Safety Authority regulations and safe driving practices.
- Experience as a driver in an International School set up will be an added advantage
- Familiar with the roads in Nairobi and its environs
- Ability to service diesel engines and motor vehicle including training and experience with motor
- vehicle engineering will be an added advantage.
- Ability to exercise good judgement and extreme caution while driving
- Ability to meet the physical requirements necessary to safety and effectively perform the required duties.
How to Apply
If you feel that you meet the required criteria, please complete the School’s application forms which can be downloaded from the School website and return the completed form by email to HRDirector@turimail.co.ke.
Closing Date for applications: October 8, 2021