Driver Job, Latest Driver Jobs 2023,
- Advert -
REF: KNCHR/ADM/AD /04/2023
- Advert -
This position is responsible for the facilitation of movement of the Commission staff to the respective destination is done in a safe manner by use of designated routes, locked vehicles at all times, observation of speed limits, passenger use of safety belt as per the Commission’s travel policy.
- Advert -
- Facilitate the transfer of Commission staff to field activities on time and in a safe and reliable manner.
- Pick and drop official Commission visitors and staff, to and from airport and take them to their required destination.
- Inform the Administration Officer of due motor vehicle insurance and the Senior Driver/ Mechanic of due mechanical service of all Commission vehicles.
- Ensure the cleanliness of the Commission vehicle at all times, carry out routine basic service check before use of the vehicle and report any defects to Senior Driver/Mechanic.
- Safeguard, maintain and update vehicle related documentation including vehicle log (indicating date, description of journey, correct odometer reading at start and end of journey, time (am or pm) and ensuring that all entries are correct and accurate.
- Ensure a work ticket is produced and approved before taking up any assignment and record all details including use of fuel card before submission to Administration Officer.
- Observe defensive driving skills at all times during transfers to ensure fuel efficiency and forecast potential hazards ahead and avoid the said hazard.
- Perform minor routine vehicle maintenance service and advice the supervisor on general service and maintenance/ repair of the vehicle parts as necessary.
- Collect assignment schedules from Administration Officer and carry out official errands such as payment of utility bills, collect and deliver mails and collect approved visas on behalf of commission staff.
- Assist in basic support functions of Office administration i.e., photocopies, binding and filing when in the office, pending a transfer assignment.
Key Qualifications and Competencies
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (D+) or equivalent grade and a clean, valid Kenyan driving license (Classes B, C, E) with knowledge of Kenyan road rules and the Highway Code
- 3 years relevant work experience
- Computer literacy.
- Knowledge of major towns in Kenya and various routes within the Northern Region.
- Knowledge of relevant legislation (Traffic Act).
- Good Communication and Interpersonal skills.
- Good Organizational and Problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to work well with teams.
- Compliance with chapter six of the constitution
How to Apply
- Advert -
If you possess the above qualifications, please submit a clear application letter, a complete and updated Curriculum Vitae that includes your valid contacts and a copy of national ID electronically through firstname.lastname@example.org by 18th May 2023 indicating the correct title of the position you are applying for and the reference number as the subject of the email.