- Advert -
Duties and Responsibilities
- Advert -
- Transporting authorised staff to designated locations in a safe and timely manner to ensure the transport services unit supports the Commission staff in the performance of work;
- Reporting the accidents and incidents to the Senior Driver, to ensure appropriate strategies are developed and implemented to minimising on the accidents and incidents, and on the associated costs;
- Ensuring the cleanliness and routine maintenance of the Commission’s vehicles assigned to enhance the image of the Commission, and to make the vehicles user friendly;
- Recording distances travelled throughout the month and fuel costs incurred for proper record keeping and assisting in the management of transport costs to ensure efficiency in the utilisation of the Commission resources;
- Maintaining work tickets for vehicles allocated to assist the transport supervisor in the allocation of work;
- Enhancing efficiency in the management of fuel costs and monitoring the performance of the drivers against set targets and quality standards;
- Ensuring that the Commission vehicle and the vehicle accessories are safe from damage or theft to assist the Commission in the management of costs associated with vehicle management.
Requirements for Appointment
For appointment to the position of Driver II, a person must possess the following qualifications:
- Minimum relevant work experience of four (4) years in a comparable position from a reputable organisation;
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (K.C.S.E.) D+ or its equivalent from a recognised institution;
- A valid driving license free from any current endorsements and valid for any of the classes of vehicles which the officer is required to drive;
- Passed the Suitability Test for Drivers Grade II from the Ministry of Roads and Public Works;
- First Aid Certificate Course lasting not less than one (1) week from St. John Ambulance or Kenya Institute of Highway and Building Technology (KIHBT) or any other recognised institution;
- Adequate knowledge of the Highway Code;
- Demonstrated integrity and professional competence as reflected in work performance and results
Method of Application
Interested candidates who meet the set criteria should complete EACC Form 1 online from and attach copies of ID, CV, academic/ professional certificates (certified by the issuing institution), clearances and testimonials. All applications must be made online and will be acknowledged via an email.
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview. To be considered, applications should be received not later than Thursday, 30th March, 2023 at 5.00 pm.