Arifu is looking to hire an ambitious and enthusiastic Marketing and Digital Intern to support the Marketing team and provide creative ideas to help achieve our goals. The ideal candidate will have administrative duties in developing and implementing marketing strategies.
The Marketing and Digital Intern will collaborate with our marketing and advertising team in all stages of marketing campaigns. The ideal candidate will have insightful contributions and will help develop, expand and maintain our marketing channels.
This is a 3-month full-time internship (with possibility of extension depending on the candidate’s availability) and the role is open to candidates worldwide with good written and verbal skills in English. This is a full-time remote position.
- Build a list of at least 250+ company names and contacts for Agriculture, Financial skills and health verticals within Africa.
- Collecting quantitative and qualitative data from marketing campaigns.
- Performing market analysis and research on competition.
- Supporting the marketing team in daily administrative tasks.
- Assisting in marketing and advertising promotional activities (e.g. social media, direct mail and web).
- Preparing promotional presentations.
- Assisting in organizing marketing events.
We’re also looking for someone who is motivated and proactive and can work collaboratively with team members, actively participating in discussions and decisions. You should be engaged and take pride in your work. In addition to these core characteristics, we’re looking for someone who fits most of the criteria below:
- Marketing/Communications Degree in a related field required or in the final year of university. ●
- Minimum 1 year of work experience in a relevant field is an added advantage.
- Solid understanding of different marketing techniques.
- Solid marketing skills/graphic design/video edits.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, resource-constrained, early stage work environment. ● Fluency in English required; fluency in Swahili is an asset.
- Experience creating marketing materials is an asset, particularly with blog writing, video editing, website development, and/or presentations.
How to apply
Send your CV and cover letter (in Word format) and to firstname.lastname@example.org. The naming convention is “FirstName LastName Marketing and Digital Intern” with “Marketing and Digital Intern – Arifu” as the subject. Tell us what excites you about this role. If we see a good fit, we will get back to you to set up a first conversation.