Founded in 2012 SunCulture’s Vision is to build a world where people take control of their environment in rewarding and sustainable ways. SunCulture does this by developing and commercializing life-changing technology that solves the biggest daily challenges for the world’s 570 million smallholder farming households. Over the last 5 years, the company has grown significantly and now employs 100+ people around the world. As a rapidly scaling business, SunCulture has been focused on these three key priorities: build systems and processes for scale, align the customer acquisition strategy, and enhance customer support.
About the role
The key responsibilities include planning, executing, and finalizing IT stream challenges to manage existing or new requirements by Business Users within agreed deadlines. This includes coordinating with other business units and IT team members. This role requires you to have sound technical development and configurations on out of the box platforms which SunCulture can procure to make IT operations smooth and achieve business goals. You are required to have the ability to improve and embed system/application/code/security policies and procedures aimed at evaluating and mitigating potential risks.
Your core responsibility is to ensure the completion, maintenance, and updating of SunCulture’s IT systems. This will include identifying, evaluating, prioritizing, and integrating additional system-related updates. Your role also includes oversight of internal servers, applications, database, custom code, application configurations, support, and maintenance, as well as leveraging such information for business processes and strategic purposes. You are required to develop relationships with a wide array of stakeholders, produce periodic reporting, and maintain a sound management information system that will provide support for developing code, application configuration, database queries, monitoring tools & processes at SunCulture.
- Managing day to day operations of SunCulture’s technology stack
- Managing new releases and liaising with Business stakeholders to perform QA activities
- IoT platform maintenance and configuration
- Third-party tool configuration
- Be a strong voice in technical cross-team discussions, includes supporting BI in daily stand-ups and scoping
- Managing the Enterprise service desk (ESB)
- Development of custom code to meet day to day business needs
- Agile with the ability to work in a fast-paced tech environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information, Communication and Technology, or equivalent and at least a Diploma in Analytics
- 2 years + of experience working in a similar field
- Within the East African time zone by about 2 hrs on either side
- Experience managing a complex stack of systems
- Experience using cloud technologies (ideally AWS / Azure)
- Experience using ESB technologies such as Kafka
- Experience in IoT platforms is a major plus
- Experience in software release management and automation
- Strong eye for quality and experience implementing quality control procedures
- Outstanding leadership and organizational skills
- Excellent communication and problem-solving ability
- Solid experience in directing & managing business user expectations for multiple tasks spread across multiple applications
- Able to work in a dynamic environment with immense pressure that requires the ability to solve problems
- Comfortable with ambiguity and able to plan, be organized, and adhere to deadlines
- Proactive, collaborative, organized, curious, problem solver with a “can-do” attitude
How to Apply
Please submit your applications by November 30, 2021. We value diversity, equity and inclusion.: so come as you are. We encourage PWD and women to apply for the role.