- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification Diploma
- Experience 2 years
- Location Nairobi
- Job Field
- Advert -
Duties and Responsibilities
- Advert -
- Directly assist dentist during patient procedures using four handed delivery techniques.
- Sterilize and disinfect instruments and operations according to clinic protocols.
- Set-up and clean-up materials and equipment needed for dental procedures.
- Triage patients before consultation by the dentist/ Community oral officer.
- Handle and dispose of infectious and hazardous waste according to clinic protocols.
- Perform oral hygiene instructions and education to patients.
- Answer phone in dental clinic and screen calls, confirm appointments as needed.
- Assisting in the construction of new dental appliances by selecting and setting up acrylic or porcelain teeth using dental wax, articulator, and various waxing instruments according to dentist’s prescription.
- Repairing and/or relining existing full and/or partial dentures.
- Arranging and clasping teeth for new wire or cast chrome partials.
- Any other responsibility assigned by the supervisor in the delivery of care
Minimum Academic Qualifications
- Diploma in Dental Technology or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution.
- Diploma in Nursing from a recognized institution is added advantage.
- Certificate of Registration with the Professional/Regulatory body.
- Current practicing license from the Professional/Regulatory body.
- Proficiency in computer applications.
- Knowledge of relevant legislations.
- Knowledge of professional standards.
- At least two years (2) of working experience as a Dental Assistant in a busy hospital
Method of Application
If your background and competencies match the specifications of any of the posts above, please apply online via: www.kutrrh.go.ke/careers
For all applications, please indicate the subject as follows: JOB APPLICATION – [JOB REFERENCE NUMBER]. Note that you must attach the Application Letter, Curriculum Vitae and
Filled Application Form and Practicing License ONLY when you apply online via the portal.
The deadline for the receipt of all applications is 11th April 2023.
Detailed job descriptions can be accessed on the Kenya University Teaching, Referral and Research Hospital careers portal on the website www.kutrrh.go.ke
Any form of canvassing will lead to immediate disqualification.
KUTRRH is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
YOUTH, WOMEN AND PEOPLE LIVING WITH DISABILITY ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
- Advert -
Interested and qualified?