Our Client aims to address unsustainable urbanization and the proliferation of informal settlements by improving livelihoods and access to services for rural Africans. In conjunction with a collection of local partners, they plan to leverage three central resources: (1) off-grid power generation, (2) information, communication and digital technologies and (3) clean mobility, to create a platform to support an array of interventions to further sustainable development and gender parity in rural Africa.
The pilot project will focus on agricultural communities in Kisii and Nyamira Counties, both located in rural Western Kenya. Our Client will coordinate a collection of local partners with complementary capabilities to demonstrate the opportunity and feasibility of a digital Smart Village Platform for orchestrating the provisioning of mobility, agriculture and energy.
Our Client intends to immediately hire a Data and Innovation Manager to lead the Data/Innovation department, supporting in generating and managing our approaches to innovations and to deliver and implement it to the project. The candidate will combine project management, strategic thinking and leadership skills to create and manage the strategy and culture required for the project to experiment with the right resources at the right level to support that experimentation.
Job duty station:
Gross Salary Range:
1 Year with potential to renew.
Key Duties and Responsibilities :
- Working with the project team, lead the development of and implement a performance monitoring system in order to gather project data and evaluate performance against Key Performance Indicators.
- Coordinate with other managers and third parties across the PROJECT platform to implement and maintain all ICT and data related applications.
- Lead research and reporting activities relating to project activities including but not limited to: conducting literature reviews, preparing memos synthesizing relevant research, and advising on project planning.
- Drive project management and execution of key data projects in alignment with product management teams and other internal stakeholders.
- Devise and implement efficient and secure procedures for data management and analysis with attention to all technical aspects; Monitor and analyze information and data systems and evaluate their performance to discover ways of enhancing them (new technologies, upgrades etc.)
- Assess system performance and make recommendations for software, hardware, and data storage improvements; provide continuous feedback and customer-facing processes to ensure a customer-centric strategy.
- Maintain and manage knowledge library to ensure all learning assets and data are accurate, complete. This includes ongoing auditing, updating and lifecycle management.
Innovations/Research & Development—30%
- Serve as a focal point for the deployment and utilisation of telematics and remote payment technologies across the PROJECT
- Develop and maintain learnings and recommendations on innovative tools and approaches to support the technological aspects of PROJECT operations and services in line with broader strategies.
- Oversee and support PROJECT application development in line with the broader innovation strategy.
- Strategy & Development: Identify areas for further research and innovation; Support and participate in the development of strategic planning and proposals for research, and other key projects.
- Monitoring, analyzing, and communicating innovation metrics to senior management to seek opportunities to improve the organization’s innovative performance.
- Identify research partners to work with in the region and build local capacity based on a common research framework; Develop shared research tools and frameworks for use by the organization or the partners it engages with.
- Responsible for research, planning, and implementing new projects/solutions and protocols into the organization and overseeing the development of new ones; Develop, present and prioritize business cases for selected internal and external solutions.
- Own process improvements: Have a deep understanding of innovations, data-mining, project management and Be able to flag any performance gaps and implement action plans in support of SLAs. Scope and Project manage continuous improvement initiatives.
- Support Management: Work together with other teams (farmer support, operations, market access) to solve ongoing issues, flagging and addressing any potential support risks.
- Manage risk by measuring how ideas can be executed, their subsequent risks, and possible alternatives with a contingency plan to minimize risk.
- Disseminate, implement and monitor progress and compliance with company policies regarding support for rural agricultural value-chains and environmental management.
- Develop and oversee control systems to prevent or deal with violations of legal guidelines and internal policies.
- Draft, modify and implement company policies; revise procedures, reports, etc. periodically to identify hidden risks or non-conformity issues.
- Collaborate with the project legal counsel and leadership to monitor enforcement of data privacy, general safety standards and regulations.
- In implementing best practices, establish and oversee periodic (re)-training of all staff on data collection, data-based decision-making, and data protection laws. Codify SOPs and ensure adherence to them.
- Establish, manage and leverage relationships with all relevant stakeholders including but not limited to competitors, project partners, stakeholders and other experts at universities/research institutions.
- Staff mentorship: supporting all staff members working on our mobility activities and supporting the development of the team’s technical knowledge, research and data analysis capacity.
- Ensure that all staff know and implement the local county and national laws, policies, rules, and regulations relating to data privacy are properly implemented and followed during the lifetime of the project.
- Seek opportunities to initiate improvement in organizational processes and effectiveness, including employee performance, morale, and work methods.
- A high level of intellectual capacity & analytical by nature, possibly evidenced through a related Degree, professional qualification, or by the substantial experience of having worked in a senior Data Management role of similar complexity.
- Broad, demonstrated experience of CRM Systems management.
- The ability to move through ambiguity and create structure where needed is essential for this role.
- Be an independent thinker and problem solver – be enthusiastic about coming up with solutions and recommendations for constant improvement.
- Broad, demonstrated experience of CRM Systems management.
Applicants should send their cover letters and CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org with the email reference as DATA & INNOVATION MANAGER. Deadline for applications is 15th September 2021.