DanChurchAid (DCA) is working in Turkana, West Pokot, Baringo, Elgeyo Marakwet, Nyandarua, Nakuru, Busia and Siaya counties with refugees and local communities to enhance peace, livelihoods and resilience. DCA implements projects directly as well as through local partner organizations. For more information on DCA, please visit www.danchurchaid.org.
- Advert -
DCA is seeking to recruit an experienced and energetic Kenyan National for the following position: Human Resources Officer. The HR Officer contributes to the attainment of DCA Kenya Country Programme objectives through efficient and effective management of the Human Resources needs. The position is responsible for managing all aspects of human resource functions, including staff recruitment, HR policy development and implementation, and staff welfare within the framework of DanChurchAid Staff manual for Country Offices, the organization policies and procedures, and the Kenyan Labour Laws. The HRO will coordinate office activities through supporting other units in Admin matters to ensure efficiency. He/ She will work closely with HR staff in DCA headquarters to ensure that the organisation’s HR priorities are implemented in the Country Office. The position is based in Nairobi, with frequent field travel and reports to the Country Director.
- Advert -
The main responsibilities
- Provide the Senior Leadership Team (SLT) with advice on a full range of HR issues ensuring compliance with the Kenya laws and regulations.
- Provide active support in recruitment and induction of employees and ensure procedures are consistently followed.
- Develop, review and interpret HR policies and procedures, including amendments where necessary in line with labour laws and good HR practices.
- Assist and support managers with the performance management and review process and provide coaching to managers in HR matters such as giving feedback, counselling staff etc.
- Prepare and maintain organizational charts and job descriptions, identifying succession strategies and forward planning of workforce needs.
- Provide a framework for career development within the organization.
- Prepare contracts for new staff and introduce Staff Code of Conduct and ensure they are fully signed.
- Ensure new staff undertake the obligatory trainings.
- Prepare and follow through induction programme for new staff in collaboration with the line managers
- Effectively conduct staff exit process.
- Act as focal point for all initial queries from staff regarding staff policies and procedures
- Monitor and advise on disciplinary and grievance matters in accordance with DCA Kenya policies and procedures
- Prepare written updates to senior management at least once a month or when matters arise
- Work with management and legal advisor to resolve serious HR related issues with authorities and internally manage disciplinary processes.
- Ensure that the performance management procedure is followed. Overseeing the Employee Development Review (EDR) process and liaise with supervisors for timely completion
- Develop and maintain a system to ensure that staff files are kept up-to-date – in all offices.
- Provide technical support to DCA Kenya field offices management with HR functions
- Closely work with the Procurement and Logistics Unit in processing visa/resident permits for international staff
- Be responsible for annual salary reviews in collaboration with SLT.
- Liaise with relevant Government institutions for all HR issues.
- Be responsible for the staff Medical Insurance Scheme and the Group Personal Accidents (GPA) policy in collaboration with the Head of Finance & Support Services (HoFSS)
- Contribute to the office management in collaboration with the HoFSS
- Take part in smooth procurement process as a member of the Country Office procurement committee when co-opted.
- Be focal point for all internal and external Complaints other than staff issues.
- Undertake any other related assignment as assigned by immediate supervisor.
Professional Qualifications & Skills:
· A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management, Industrial Psychology, Business Administration or related field.
- Advert -
· At least six years of progressive experience in human resources management
· Experience in sourcing, recruiting, and interviewing professional and management candidates is required.
- Advert -
· Good knowledge of Kenya labour laws
· Strong organization and communication skills.
- Advert -
· Good knowledge and experience in facilitation, training and coaching.
· Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to develop trust.
- Advert -
· Proficiency at using Microsoft office software: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc. is required.
· Excellent record keeping and documentation skills.
· Proven strong leadership, diplomacy and ability maintain confidentiality.
· A can-do attitude, a desire and the initiative to produce results that require hard work and motivation to achieve beyond what is expected.
How to Apply
Work related travels are expected in this position.
The deadline for applications is: 9th November, 2022
Any published closing dates are estimated. We aim to fill this vacancy as quickly as possible. This means that we will close adverts as soon as we have found the right candidate and this may be before the published closing date. We would therefore advise interested applicants to submit an application as early as possible.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.