Vacancy for Communications and public relations officer
Beacon of Hope (BOH) is a faith based Non-Governmental Organization with a vision to be a model of excellence in holistic community transformation with a Mission to catalyze sustainable transformation by uplifting the spiritual, physical, economic and social well-being of marginalized and vulnerable individuals, families and communities.
This is an opportunity for a highly motivated and enterprising individual to join our Communications department.
- Media and Public Relations – Creating and implementing an annual communications plan, in conjunction with other departments. Ensure effective communications across different media and formats in adherence to the Beacon of Hope Communication Standards.
- Customer Communications and Marketing Manage the social media pages of different programs; ensure regular posting of information; Ensure pages are up to date, accurate, compelling.
- Assist to generate various marketing materials: scripting documentaries, marketing emails, digital brochures, flyers, Newsletters, Website and social media strategy
- Write and produce high quality communication materials, and effectively communicate these across key audiences; while ensuring that they conform to BOH standards and promote the image and objectives of the initiative;
- Resource mobilization – Provide support on fundraising activities/ Resource Mobilization by identifying funding opportunities, assist with funding proposal writing processes, assist in mobilizing non-financial resources from private sectors entities, individuals and corporate agencies through effective use of the sales force system among other strategies.
- Internal Communications – Manage knowledge documentation; support documentation and publication of work and lessons; ensure regular learning sessions occur;
- Manage the Communication department and ensure that set targets are met as per the approved plans and budget.
- Conduct occasional research and writing assignments on BOH in diverse ways supportive to program goals, including internal learning, newsletters, policy debates, opinion articles;
Successful candidate will demonstrate Excellent writing skills (share portfolio), strong leader, mature Christian who is supportive of the beliefs, calling and vision of Beacon of Hope. Possess a university degree in communication with at least three years’ exposure to diverse communication experiences (multiskilled) and an eye for detail; a powerful creative eye. Keen understanding of traditional media, social media and uses of new technologies for communication in Kenyan context.
How to Apply
Interested and eligible candidates submit a detailed CV and Cover letter including current and expected remuneration (Salary) and three referees to firstname.lastname@example.org with the email subject line being post applied for and cc email@example.com by 12th November 2021.
Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.