- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 5 years
- Location Nairobi
- Job Field Media / Advertising / Branding
Position Objectives and Responsibilities
- Advert -
- The Communications Officer will work closely with CAO to ensure funders and other key stakeholders view SHOFCO as the leading model for grassroots development.
- Responsible for all communications, website, social and public relations messages and collateral to consistently articulate and promote SHOFCO’s mission.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate the annual communications plan across multiple target audiences (i.e. funders, media, NGO stakeholders). Including: social media, email, fundraising and occasional print materials.
- Lead the generation of online content that engages audience segments and leads to measurable action. In partnership with Advancement Associate, decide who, where, and when to disseminate.
- Manage the development, distribution, and maintenance of all print and electronic collateral including, but not limited to, newsletters, brochures, program verticals and website.
- Coordinate website maintenance—ensure that new and consistent information (article links, stories, and events) is posted regularly and is optimized for fundraising purposes.
- In partnership with Executive Office, draft content for public engagements, press releases and Board of Directors.
- Oversee Kenya media and branding, responsible for:
- Kenya-oriented media (traditional) and social media (implementing Comms plan).
- Support for SHOFCO events (internal and external in Kenya)
- Logistics and external promotion of Kenya-based events.
- Manage a Photographer to support production of internal and external communications materials.
- Develop and manage media contacts in Kenya.
- Any other related duties as may be assigned
Education, Experience and Skills
- Advert -
- Bachelor Degree in Communication, PR or related studies
Professional Qualification in:
- Graphic Design
Additional requirements on experience
- At least 5 years’ experience in communication field.
- Self-starter, able to work independently, and entrepreneurial; enjoys creating and implementing new initiatives.
- Experience developing and implementing communications strategies
- Excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills
- A strong track record as an implementer who thrives in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Additional Skills
- Articulating information
- Documenting facts
- Checking things
- Creativity in developing new and unique ideas
- Showing Composure
- Time Management
- Establishing rapport
- Interacting with people
- Following procedures
- Upholding standards
Method of Application
Interested applicants should send their applications together with a detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting their current and expected salaries. All Applicants must provide at least three professional references. The Subject should clearly indicate the position being applied for. Applications without this information will not be considered. Applications should reach us no later than 17th April 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.