JKUAT Enterprises Ltd (JKUATES) is a State Corporation operating as a limited company, fully owned by Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology (JKUAT). Its objectives include:
- To enhance entrepreneurial activity through the latest innovations in technological
- To provide practical solutions for business problems by drawing on resource personnel from various disciplines in JKUAT.
- To link the University with industry, government, the public and other stakeholders and to provide a forum for networking to propel development.
- To market the University’s innovations
The company undertakes its functions in line with the above objectives through various ways and means. The client base is wide and varied across all industries and businesses, governments and organizations, institutions and parastatals, agencies and individuals.
We are looking for a commercial sales representative to market/sale the Subsurface Water Retention Technology (SWRT) to farmers and other stakeholders in eastern Kenya and other regions where the technology is applicable. The successful candidate will also coordinate the installation of SWRT membranes, provide relevant advisory services and work closely with stakeholders within the food value chain in the region.
- Develop a strong business plan for the project in eastern Kenya and other areas where SWRT is applicable.
- Expand market awareness by communicating the basis and benefits of SWRT to
- Develop and implement sales strategies for SWRT
- Provide advisory services to farmers and stakeholders, including customer education.
- Oversee installation of SWRT
- Achieve the set monthly (daily activity/leads/ sales prospects/contracts)
- Ensure timely
An ideal candidate should have:
- University degree with experience in working with new technologies, or working with farmers, or sales or a
- Experience in organizing and delivery of agricultural trainings, marketing and business linkages and delivery of field level extension activities to farmers and local
- Ability to establish relationship and harmony with the local community; knowledge of local languages (e.g. Kamba) is an advantage.
- Ability to create market plans for new products and deliver meaningful business results.
Form of employment
This a one-year temporary employment starting on December 1, 2021 with possibility of extension based on the availability of funding and satisfactory performance of the holder. The position holder will be mainly based in Makueni with regular trips in Nairobi.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are invited to send their applications, a motivation letter and a detailed CV indicating current and expected salary to firstname.lastname@example.org on/or before 9th November,2021,due to the urgency to fill the position ,shortlisting will be done on an ongoing basis. Those who shall not have heard from us by 23rd November,2021 should consider their applications unsuccessful.
JKUAT Enterprises Limited is an equal opportunity employer.