Our client, a medium-sized, non-deposit-taking Sacco regulated by the Sacco Societies Regulatory Authority (SASRA) and based in Nairobi is seeking to recruit a qualified and highly motivated individual to fill the position of ICT Officer.
- Advert -
Purpose of the job
The ICT Officer is responsible for managing information technology, ICT systems, and policies to achieve Sacco’s goals. He/she will manage all ICT infrastructure, systems security, development and implementation of ICT strategies, policies, data security, and disaster recovery.
- Advert -
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage all operations of the ICT Department and ensure timely provision of ICT services to all functions of the society to facilitate implementation and use of ICT in the organization.
- Ensure routine maintenance of ICT equipment.
- In charge of the development and implementation of ICT strategies, promoting ICT innovation and enterprise.
- Establish optimal systems, and the best technology and make requisite recommendations to promote online services, ICT literacy, and capacity.
- Ensure compliance with ICT regulations and advise management on the optimization of ICT resources in the organization.
- Ensure business continuity and effective disaster management and recovery planning
- Managing relationships with partners for the provision of ICT technical support and services.
- Supervise the design, development, and implementation of critical ICT projects.
- Prepare and present ICT periodic reports to the management.
- Formulating and analyzing ICT policies, processes, procedures and ensuring compliance.
- Monitoring LAN/WAN and internet firewalls.
- Perform e-marketing and communication.
- Install, configure and upgrade operating, security software, and administrative packages.
- Any other lawful duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- Advert -
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or ICT-related fields.
- Professional certification in ICT fields (CISM, CISA, or similar certification).
- Being a member of an ICT professional body is an added advantage.
- A master’s degree in ICT will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of three (3) years of working experience in a similar role.
- Understanding of networking technology, routing, switching, and firewalls.
- Overall understanding of enterprise systems.
- Successful candidates will be required to meet the requirements of Chapter 6 of the constitution of Kenya by obtaining the required documentation.
- Strong problem-analysis and troubleshooting skills
- Able to handle and assess critical situations, and coordinate with many team players to restore normal ICT services
- Good time management skills
- Able to work in cross-functional, multi-application, multi-service providers environment.
- Customer focus and interpersonal skills
- Communication skills
- Good understanding of business applications, infrastructure,
- Applications, data, and technical architecture
- Vendor/service management
How to apply
- Advert -
Interested and qualified applicants are requested to click on the link below and fill out the online application form and submit it by 30th November 2022. Any applications received after the closing date shall not be accepted.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you do not hear from us by 16th December 2022, consider your application as unsuccessful