We believe in a world in which every human life is valued, and health and human dignity are shared by all. We believe that access to quality healthcare is a basic human right. For more than 100 years, we have worked with global partners to deliver locally sustainable, quality healthcare solutions to women, children and their communities. We’re ready to make it 100 more.
CMMB intends to implement a community focused tuberculosis prevention, care and treatment project in Machakos and Makueni counties with support from the Global Fund to Fight Tuberculosis, AIDS and Malaria. The overall goal of the project is to ensure provision of quality care and prevention services for all people in Kenya with tuberculosis. Key to the project’s activities includes contributing to attainment of universal health coverage through comprehensive TB/HIV prevention, treatment and care for all people in Kenya. Amongst other result areas, the project seeks to contribute towards enhancing the diagnosis and treatment of children and adults with TB as well as those with multi drug resistant TB. This is besides increasing the uptake of TB preventive therapy to those at risk of TB by 2023.
CMMB is committed to learning and evolving in order to successfully achieve impact in its strategy and will have strong vertical and horizontal team structures in alignment to the global strategy in order to encourage accountability, communication, and effective project management.
We believe in people.
We strive to live out our core values of collaboration, love, excellence and respect every day. We provide our employees with a competitive salary and a meaningful benefits package, with opportunities to learn and grow. We especially encourage all persons of diverse backgrounds to apply.
CMMB’s Finance and Administration Department plays a critical role in ensuring that CMMB efficiently and effectively utilizes its resources in achieving its program goals through least cost and value for money. The Department strives to ensure that all expenditures align to both CMMB policies, donor requirements and National laws. Through a team of dedicated staff, the team upholds utmost integrity, honesty and love in the execution of their roles to achieve CMMB’s vision, mission and core values.
CMMB has been working in Kenya for over 16 years. CMMB works to ensure that the most vulnerable populations, especially mothers and children, have access to quality services in health care, health promotion and illness prevention.
Reporting to the Finance Officer, the Finance Assistant will provide day to day support service to the implementation of project interventions and be responsible for reviewing field expenses and liquidations from project staff. Further, s/he will support payable and administrative functions as well as contribute to the preparation of timely donor reports.
- Provide guidance on and implement CMMB’s financial policies and procedures and donor compliance requirements
- Record all financial transactions accurately, completely and in a timely manner in line with the Chart of Accounts through the Abila software (MIP) accounting system
- Ensure sound financial management and compliance activities of assigned grants/projects and office operational activities to include:
- Monitoring of project budgets and expenses
- Preparation of vouchers, cheques, Mpesa and EFT payments and processing of payments Invoicing/tracking of accounts receivable and cash receipts;
- Maintain, Record and Reconcile petty cash accounts
- Liquidation of employee receivables in line with manual records/expense forms from staff ✓ Conducting site visits and training/mentoring of project staff.
- Preparation of bank reconciliations, filing of all accounting vouchers and documents
- Ensure all financial assets are adequately recorded, safeguarded and all financial documents are securely filed
- Ensure availability of accurate, complete and timely financial information for decision making purposes by senior management
- Record, count and update the Asset and Inventory Register regularly.
- Participate in other program implementation activities and miscellaneous finance duties as required and assigned by the Senior Finance and Administration Manager.
- You have a bachelor’s degree in Commerce (BCOM) or Business Administration majoring in accounting or Finance
- You have a minimum of at least two (2) years of accounting experience in a similar capacity working with an international NGO on donor funded project projects
- You have Professional Accountancy Qualifications (CPA II/ACCA II)
- You possess a high degree of integrity, and a strong commitment to CMMB’s mission
- • You demonstrate strong inter-personal skills and the ability to transfer knowledge and visit project sites
- You have hands on application of Microsoft Office, (Word, Excel and PowerPoint); working knowledge of Abila (Sage) accounting software preferred
- You have demonstrable Knowledge of MPESA Bulk Payment System
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills to include conflict resolution, priority management, and managing expectations of multiple clients
- Familiarity with Global Fund financial management and reporting will be an added advantage • You are comfortable working for a faith-based organization.
- You believe in CMMB, where we are going, and what we can do together to achieve Healthier Lives Worldwide.
How to apply
Visit our careers page for more information and click here to apply.
All applications must be received by 24th June 2022
Note: Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.