- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND , Diploma
- Experience 2 years
- Location Nairobi
- Job Field Medical / Healthcare
- Advert -
The role holder ensures client satisfaction by coordinating and facilitating a smooth admission and discharge process, handling medical billing and claims processing.
- Advert -
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Accurately register patient details into the hospital systems ensuring proper documentation and data quality.
- Receive admission patients by confirming pre-admission information including hospital admission and discharge procedures, room selection, available facilities, visiting hours, hospital regulations/restrictions, and answering service inquiries.
- Create, store and retrieve patient files (including electronic files) while maintaining confidentiality.
- Establish payment arrangements with patients and/or health insurance companies by screening insurance information and obtaining pre-admission approvals.
- Analyze bills and medical documentation of admitted and medically discharged patients for accuracy and completion.
- Coordinate with all departments for proper billing and health records of patients.
- Prepare interim/final invoices and engage patients, insurance companies and other third parties on a regular basis to ensure payments are made on time.
- Follow up with patients and/or health insurance companies when payment lapses occur.
- Receive payments by cash, mobile platforms, bank cards etc. as per hospital processes.
- Discharge patients upon payment of the bill and ensure health records are properly filed.
- Analyze all medical claims before submission (physical or electronic) to ensure they meet insurance or corporate contractual requirements for payment.
- Prepare reports and respond to inquiries or concerns regarding billing activities.
- Attend to client concerns and record comments, suggestions and enquiries raised in various platforms to improve customer service.
- Prepare and timely submit dynamic progress reports, including reliable medical statistics, health information to the Supervisor.
- Serve and protect the hospital’s image by adhering to professional standards, hospital policies and procedures.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor from time to time.
- Excellent customer service skills, empathetic to patients of all ages.
- Effective communication skills – listening, oral and written.
- Highly ethical, has integrity and observes confidentiality.
- Attention to detail.
- Confident, persistent and assertive.
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and with minimum supervision.
- Highly organized with good time management skills.
- Strong problem solving, conflict resolution and sound judgement skills.
- A team player with good people management skills.
- Business awareness and a good knowledge of current industry trends.
- Advert -
- Diploma in Health Records and Information Technology or Degree in Health Records and Information Management.
- Diploma / Degree in Business Administration, Commerce or Accounting or their equivalent CPA Part IV Certification from a recognized institution is an added advantage.
- Must be registered and licensed by the Association of Medical Records Officers (Kenya).
- Knowledge of medical terminology, medical insurance billing and medical documentation evaluation.
- At least two (2) years’ experience in a similar position, preferably in a busy urban hospital setting.
- Good working knowledge on MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook) and Internet.
Method of Application
Interested applicants who meet the requirements should email the below documents to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly indicating the job title on the email subject, no later than 5:00pm on or before 24th March, 2023.
- One-page cover letter addressed to Human Resource detailing how your skills and experience meet the job specifications. Indicate your current and expected remuneration.
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae including the names and contacts of three professional references.
- Copies of testimonials, certificates and any other supporting documents.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.