CHIEF SAFETY FIRE OFFICER – GRADE KPC 6
- Ensure serviceability of Fire vehicles, Mobile firefighting equipment, Fixed fire installations, portable firefighting equipment and all firefighting equipment across all KPC facilities.
- Perform inspection of firefighting equipment, write and submit proposals to modify, replace, and repair fire- fighting equipment.
- Develop and implement fire fighting protocols for KPC depots, based on fire fighting equipment.
- Develop and implement fire emergency evacuation plan within KPC depots
- Prepare and submit proposals for repair, modification, or replacement of firefighting equipment
- Undertakes inspection of KPC premises and other hazardous zones to ascertain compliance with safety standards.
- Prepare, coordinate and implement fire training for Emergency Response Training (ERT) members across KPC facilities.
- Provides fire safety awareness to employees and all stakeholders with regards to fire hazards to which they may be exposed.
- Supervise and participate in the inspection of fire fighting equipment in order to ensure that they are in compliance with applicable fire codes, laws,
- regulations, and standards.
- Perform inspection of firefighting equipment, write and submit proposals to
- modify, replace, and repair equipment.
- Higher National Diploma in Fire Engineering or Safety Management, Engineering or related field Engineering or its recognized equivalent from a recognised institution with Eight (8) years relevant experience
- Diploma in Fire Engineering or Safety Management, Engineering or related field Engineering or its recognized equivalent from a recognised institution with Twelve (12) years relevant experience.
- Proficiency in computer applications
- Demonstrated competence in work performance
- Valid driving license for Class BCE
- Train the Trainer certification will be an added advantage
Key Skills and Competencies
- Good knowledge and understanding of KPC Fire Safety working procedures in projects, operations, maintenance and emergency sites.
- Effective communication, interpersonal and team player skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills including ability to write reports.
- Ability to maintain professional status and keep abreast of evolving trends in Fire Safety through continuous professional development.
- Demonstrated skill in carrying out training in fire safety.
How to Apply