Chef De Cuisine Job, Latest Hotel Jobs In Kenya,
- Advert -
- Advert -
Prepares and serves a range of a la carte items which meet guest’s expectations while supervising junior members of the Kitchen Brigade.
- Assist with organizing special events and special food promotions.
- Participate in the drafting of concept ideas and menus for all special events and functions while encouraging all staff to put forward their ideas and utilizing them wherever practical.
- Participate and supervise the kitchen in the preparation and presentation of all food items in accordance with the hotel’s food and beverage standards and standardized menu guidelines.
- Maintain comprehensive product knowledge including ingredients, equipment, suppliers, markets, and current trends and make recommendations for appropriate adjustments to kitchen operations accordingly.
- Maintain a hygienic kitchen and personal hygiene.
- Work with Superior and Director of Human Resources to ensure the departmental performance of staff is productive and assist in planning for future staffing needs.
- Assist in maintaining a comprehensive, current and guest focused set of departmental standards and procedures and oversee their implementation.
- Ensure training needs analysis of Kitchen staff is carried out and training programs are designed and implemented to meet needs.
- Provide input for probation and formal performance appraisal discussions in line with company guidelines.
- Coach, counsel and discipline staff, providing constructive feedback to enhance performance.
- Approve leave after considering hotel occupancy.
- Work with superior in the preparation and management of the department’s budget.
- Control and monitor departmental costs on an ongoing basis to ensure performance against budget.
- Demonstrate awareness of OH&S policies and procedures and ensure all procedures are conducted safely and within OH&S guidelines and ensure your direct reports do the same.
- Be aware of duty of care and adhere to occupational, health and safety legislation, policies and procedures.
- Be familiar with property safety, first aid and fire and emergency procedures and operate equipment safely and sensibly.
- Initiate action to correct a hazardous situation and notify supervisors of potential dangers.
- Log security incidents and accidents in accordance with hotel requirements.
- Implement and practice HACCP.
- Additional responsibilities and tasks can be added at any time according to the needs of the business and of the hotel.
Desired Skills and Qualifications
- Advert -
- Degree/Diploma in food production.
- Four years minimum experience in a similar position.
- Previous experience within a luxury 5 star establishment.
- Experience in a similar role and proven track record may be considered in lieu of specialised education.
- Strong people leadership skills.
- Fluent speech skill; Knowledge of the English language is mandatory.
- Sound, checkable previous employment references.
- Able to work in a fast paced environment and can multitask .
- Ability to remain calm and composed under pressure.
How to Apply