Job Title: Cateress – Mombasa,
Our client is the leading Medical Service Provider in the coast region of Kenya. They seek to hire a well experienced Cateress who will be tasked with supervising staff and ensuring high quality service standards and presentations are met.
- Responsible for supervising catering staff, cooks and waiter.
- To oversee the day-to-day preparation of food and management of the kitchen.
- Planning Menus in consultation with Nursing and Nutrition department.
- Food cost budgeting and application of cost cutting measures.
- Proper inventory management by maintaining correct stock levels & Ensure proper stock rotation.
- Ensuring that health and safety regulations are strictly observed, recorded and archived.
- Maintain and upgrade strict hygiene and sanitation practices and levels.
- Food cost budgeting and maintenance of financial and administrative records.
- Develop methods to assess staff time and other resources required to meet hospital standards.
- Ordering of foodstuff from the food store.
- Estimate food requirements and food costs and application of cost cutting measures.
- Ensure proper handling and continuous maintenance of equipment and utensils
- Atleast a Diploma in Food Production and service, and/ or Culinary Training.
- Atleast 3 years’ experience preferably in hospital environment.
- Demonstrate strong leadership and communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Result oriented person.
- Creative and with a keen sense of taste and smell.
- Personal cleanliness and hygiene.
- Ability to take/ give instructions.