The Lamu County Public Service Board wishes to recruit competent and qualified persons to fill the following vacant positions as per Sections 59 of the County Governments Act.
CARPENTRY INSTRUCTOR, J/G ‘G’ LCPSB/ADV/2021/35 (3 POSTS)
Terms of Service: Permanent & Pensionable
For appointment to this grade an officer must:
- Be a Kenyan Citizen;
- Have Grade Test II in Carpentry from a recognized institution;
- Have proficiency in computer application; and
- One (1) year relevant working experience
Duties and responsibilities at this level will include:
- Theoretical and practical instruction in the area of specialization
- Preparing and maintain schemes of work, lessons plan, lesson notes, trainee records, teaching and learning materials
- Carrying out trainee assessment, ensuring proper care and maintenance of tools and equipment.
- Conducting co-curricular activities;
- Maintain trainees’ discipline and guiding and counselling trainees.
- Monitor students’ safe use of tools and equipment
- Conduct written, oral or performance tests to evaluate students’ understanding of the procedures and concepts
- Maintain and organize student records, such as grades, assignments and performance
- Attend regular conferences and seminars to keep informed of developments and advancements in the field
- Provide individualized or remedial instruction as necessary.
- Any other duties that may be assigned to him/her from time to time.
How to Apply
Lamu County Public Service Board
P. O. Box 536-80500
Applicants must attach photocopies of the following documents:
- National Identity Card;
- Academic & Professional Certificates and Testimonials;
- Copies of clearance certificates from:
- Higher Education Loans Board (HELB);
- Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA);
- Criminal Investigation Department (CID);
- Ethics and Anti – Corruption Commission (EACC); and
- Credit Reference Bureau (CRB) and respective professional
- Any other relevant supporting
- Important information
- The applications should reach the County Public Service Board on or before 8th October 2021
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- Canvasing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification
- Youth, Women and persons with special needs are encouraged to apply.