Canter Driver Jobs at Baus Optical, Kenya
Baus Optical Company Limited is a key player in the optics industry in Kenya. To support her growth strategies, the company is inviting applications from qualified candidates for the position of Canter Driver.
The Driver is responsible for the Sales and Marketing canter and also accompany the Marketing Team on various marketing activities and offer assistance when requested.
Responsibilities (Functions and duties):
- Drive company vehicle and uphold all highway laws
- Ascertain that the assigned vehicle is clean and in good working condition
- Maintain the daily and weekly checklist of the vehicle and ensure that any breakdowns or damages incurred are immediately notified and reported to the Supervisor / Management
- Ensure that the vehicle is road worthy with the relevant standard requirement needed for operations
- Verify that all equipments are in good condition and well arranged to avoid damages enroute
- Assist and coordinate with the Sales & Marketing team in executing their marketing and promotion activities and events
- Execute administration and managerial duties; as assigned
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Mechanical skills – Have basic knowledge of how a canter operates and can do minor fixing and diagnosis
- Keen attention to detail
- Ability to be adaptable and flexible
- Assertive and proactive
- Planning, interpersonal, coordinating and organizational skills
Minimum of 5 years’ experience working in the Logistics industry preferably FMCG Sector as a canter or truck driver.
Education and specialist Knowledge Required:
- Diploma / Certificate in any field or relevant qualification
- Valid driving license and good conduct certificate
- Certificate in Defensive Driving will be an added advantage
- Must have knowledge of the highway code and regulations
- Knowledge of region and route of most counties in Kenya
- Possess a clean BCE class license and PSV for the last 3 to 5 Years
How To Apply
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria should apply via E-MAIL to: firstname.lastname@example.org. To reach us not later than 12th November, 2021.