Assistant Sales Manager -Leisure Job, Current Sales & Marketing Jobs In Kenya,
- Advert -
As an Assistant sales manager, you’ll be responsible for achieving hotel targets by optimizing revenues through an assigned account base, as well as prospecting new clients in assigned markets. Assigned markets may change according to hotel needs. The key measurement of performance will be performance versus the Revenue goals
- Advert -
What is in it for you:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies and the opportunity to earn qualifications while you work
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference in the local community through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
What you will be doing:
Reporting to the Director of Leisure Sales, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Advert -
- Streams throughout both rooms and food & beverage, including the marketing plan of how the same will be achieved.
- Conduct regular thorough analysis of the market and more specifically the hotel competitor set ensuring the hotel is well positioned rate and yield management structure wise to achieve and maintain the budgeted Revenue Generated Index rating.
- Develop, implement and manage rates structures and strategies through market data review and demand analysis.
- Develop, implement and manage the process of developing sales leads and qualifying the same across all business units within the hotel, ensuring all key employees are familiar with and understand this process.
- Establish materialization goals for key accounts and market segments for each team member and monitor and manage the same.
- Monitor and manage the departmental operating expenses in line with budget and forecast.
- Manage the co-ordination of all strategic MH&R Sales & Marketing activities in line with the Regional Sales & Marketing Office.
- In conjunction with Human Resources department conduct interviews with candidates for roles in the Sales & Marketing department and prepare job descriptions for the same.
- Ensure all Standard Operating Procedures and Contracts for the Sales & Marketing department are written, reviewed and approved as and when necessary.
- Develop, review and manage departmental work schedules, ensuring adequate Sales & Marketing coverage and representation both in the hotel and the market, including scheduling sales calls, trips, site inspections and familiarisations.
Your experience and skills include:
- Bachelor Degree in Business, Marketing, Communications or equivalent
- Previous Sales & Marketing previous leadership experience essentially required
- Proven ability to build and maintain good relationships with all guests and Clients.
- Communicate thoughts, actions and opportunities clearly with strong networking skills
- Ability to lead by example, believe in a strong team culture and set the scene for high performance
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities.
How to Apply
- Advert -
Your team and working environment:
Fairmont The Norfolk Hotel has played a leading role in Kenya’s colorful history, and continues to be Nairobi’s finest and best-known luxury hotel. The town and later the modern city of Nairobi grew up around Fairmont The Norfolk hotel, which boasts 170 guest rooms and suites, and still has its own private tropical gardens. The hotel is still the traditional starting point for safaris and the Lord Delamere Terrace is modern Nairobi’s most famous meeting place, where drinks and light meals are served continuously from morning until midnight.