Assistant Accountant Job, Latest Accounting Jobs In Kenya,
- Advert -
- Advert -
- Verifying and loading payment files received from various departments, advising for payment.
- Processing payments.
- Capturing manual invoices requested for payment by the operations team.
- Running, verifying and validating reimbursements reports to facilitate payment.
- Ensuring timely processing and approval of payments.
- Updating and circulating various payment reports to stakeholders.
- Updating bank statement in the shared folders.
- Perform manual and automated bank reconciliations.
- Review online bank statements and perform daily auto reconciliation for the payments accounts.
- Perform inter-company reconciliations with other business unit on timely basis to facilitate closure of the ledger within the stipulated timelines and follow up for payments.
- Posting of adjustment journals.
- Posting of premiums and other end month journals.
- Capturing and reconciliation of monthly debits and credit notes and related transactions.
- Reconciliation of balance sheet, profit and loss ledger accounts.
- Posting adjustments identified during the reconciliation process.
- Sharing reconciliations with the various stakeholders within the company for further action and/or decision making.
- Responding and resolving queries from both external and internal customers on a timely basis.
- Ensure the company complies with its regulatory requirements (including IRA, UFAA, KRA and any other regulators).
- Receipting and reconciling receipted funds to the customers’ policies.
- Daily banking of receipted cheques.
- Circulation of regular receipting and exception reports.
- Assist in preparation of required schedules and information for internal and external audits.
- Preparation of daily, monthly, annual and other adhoc reports as required.
- Support the assigned operations team in compliance with the reconciliation policy.
- Review of bank and ledger reconciliations for the operations team.
- Reconciliation of Fixed Assets in liaison with Fixed Assets Associate.
- Delegated Authority: As per the approved Delegated Authority Matrix.
Key Performance Measures:
As described in your Personal Score Card
Knowledge, experience and qualifications required:
- Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting) or its equivalent.
- At least one year’s experience in a similar position.
- CPA Part 1 and continuing. Fully qualified CPA (K) or ACCA is an added advantage.
Technical/ Functional competencies:
- Advert -
- International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- Financial Accounting.
- Accounts Analysis and reconciliation.
- Analytical – highly analytical and ability to challenge status quo based on quantitative facts and impacts.
- Report writing – ability to develop quality and comprehensive reports.
- Knowledge of insurance company regulatory requirements.
Leadership category responsibility framework (Core Competencies):
Emerging Leaders in Britam need to:
- Plan, direct and apply efficiencies and resources in order to optimize output and profitability against time, cost and team targets.
- Effectively communicate strategic and operational departmental goals and objectives to peers and others in order to ensure proper implementation.
- Ensure that department priorities are adhered to and effectively communicated.
- Ensure competent and effective people resources through appropriate coaching, development and people supervision as appropriate.
- Embody a high performance, proactive culture.
- Effectively ensure the adherence to key performance areas, deadlines and goals in order to optimize operational effectiveness.
- Effectively communicate resource needs, possible opportunities and achievements to management in order to aid them in their decision-making.
- Effectively set and monitor priorities and objectives for more junior staff.
- Understand and communicate objectives in relation to the larger organizational impact.
- Effectively disseminate knowledge within the correct context, towards subordinates as well as management.
- Appropriately model the company values while setting the pace and energy for delivering.
- Effectively manage and communicate change within the department in order to increase staff and process effectiveness.
- Provide access to accurate and consistent information and services across all channels.
- Ensure a seamless experience for clients.
- Improve service delivery for clients.
- Engage in continuous brand building to become the trusted partners to clients.
How to Apply