- To provide technical support in setting up and managing functional monitoring, Evaluation, and learning systems within Amref Health Africa NTD programs in coordination with various amref units and external stakeholders.
- Provide direct technical assistance to ensure high quality program results and execution across projects in the area of specialization.
- Contribute to work planning, coordination across internal partners, and lead their engagement in collaborative projects.
- Develop monitoring, evaluation, research and learning tools, indicators, and plans.
- Communicate with other technical advisors to build, share, exchange and disseminate technical knowledge to internal and external collaborators.
- Collaborate with technical teams to design technical training and development activities that will support and build professional development in area of specialty.
- Provide leadership to consulting firms from development of ToR’s in area of specialty to delivery of assigned tasks
Organizational leadership and development
- Represent amref in various meetings, actively engage key stakeholders, cultivate new business partnerships and concepts.
- Build project portfolio in technical specialty area in collaboration with county and Ministry of health division of vector born and neglected diseases (DVBNTD)
- Write and Publish papers, articles, and blogs. Present at conferences/participate in technical working groups on amref project-related technical innovations, priorities, and results. Build amref reputation as a thought leader in the field.
- Consult and coordinate with key stakeholders within government, donors, and other entities to build amref NTD program and MoH Division of vector born and neglected diseases and reputation.
Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning
- Play program leadership role, and participate in company initiatives and teams to build intellectual and human capital in the technical areas of specialization Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning.
- Support the technical through the development and deployment of a Performance monitoring plan that will evaluate and report on deliverables as designed in the workplan correlating programmatic and fiscal performance of the projects
- Lead the development and implementation of amref projects M&E plan, including collecting and cleaning relevant data, checking quality, and synthesizing reports.
- Provide technical leadership in carrying out baseline assessments, mid-point and end of project reviews and assessments
- Provide leadership working in collaboration with technical teams to design and implement required survey protocols and survey’s e.g. coverage evaluation survey’s.
- Provide leadership and technical guidance to the amref and division teams in the implementation of reporting tools during Mass Drug Administration based on standard and developed tools.
- Provide leadership in the innovation for digitization of reporting during Mass Drug Administrations and various surveys.
- Work with the IT team to maintain a database for the various requirements for tools.
- Lead the teams in reporting to the various reporting platforms in Amref.
- Support technical teams to ensure quarterly project and program performance review meetings are held.
- Work proactively with the Ministry of Health, key partners and stakeholders to report progress, impact and best practices in county national and international forums.
- Develop a mechanism to provide regular capacity building of Technical county Program Officers.
- Produce high quality reporting content and documents as stipulated in the project’s document for directorate and donors.
- Conduct quarterly and ad hoc field monitoring to each project County to verify data and program activities reported by partners.
- Develop and implement a data quality assurance plan and provide technical support to improve quality of data and reporting systems.
- Coordinate and facilitate all evidence gathering activities including program evaluations and research activities.
- Coordinate project reflection and learning sessions in conjunction with project partners.
Monitoring and Evaluation and Policy Support
- Develop a workplan with the Ministry of Health MoH Division of vector born and neglected diseases team outlining amref support based on the needs of the division and approved work plan.
- Working with microplanning partners to main stream innovations supporting data demand and information use at the national KHIS and county level.
- Support MoH Division of vector born and neglected diseases in the integration and layering of WASH, behavior change communication and NTD data to be used in strategic decision-making data national and county level.
- Support creating, managing, and maintaining a data repository for MoH Division of vector born and neglected diseases and supported counties
- Support development of minimum data sets and data requirements, including reporting tools and templates Working proactively with the Ministry of Health, key partners and stakeholders to operationalize a reporting system for Mass Drug Administration activities, surveillance reporting and survey’s on KHIS and DHIS.
- Document lessons learnt from the NTD program through policy briefs, blogs, Podcast in collaboration with technical team and the communication team to execute the communication strategy for the program and amref in general.
- Disseminate best practices from counties in the context of NTD’s.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in public health, medicine, or related field.
- Post graduate training will be an added advantage.
- Minimum eight (8) years’ relevant work experience, including program/project management experience in Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning in non-state actors with the WASH & NTD programming.
- Demonstrable experience of development and deployment of scientific survey’s and manuscripts for publications.
- Demonstrated management and leadership skills working on large programs with rigorous financial management procedures and processes;
- Ability to work well with others and to communicate effectively
- Ability to coordinate diverse activities while maintaining attention to detail.
- Technical knowledge in WASH and behavior change communication and/or one or more of the five leading pharmaco-therapy NTDs.
- Experience in intervention projects with strong community involvement.
- Hands-on experience in project development, proposal writing and grant management
- Experience in project monitoring and evaluation.
- Knowledge of the Government health system
Skills and Competencies
- Ability to build strong working relationships for partnerships.
- Excellent networking and advocacy skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills working with cross-cultural and multi-diverse teams.
- Highly organized and able to set priorities and handle multiple competing time and resource demands.
How to Apply
Closing Date: 20 May 2022