MFA facilities and infrastructural capacity is growing day by day as the construction progress and successive handover is done by the contractors. Aluminum Carpentry, Joinery and fitting reinstatement within the school set up takes the major part of the infrastructures in relation to the different finishes and furniture supplies. We would like to have an Aluminum Carpentry, Joinery and fitter who will support the maintenance department in provision of technical support on property/facilities issues and provision of routine maintenance to residential, non-residentialbuildings. He/she should be able to work under pressure with a view to meeting deadlines and staff expectations in compliance with the enacted maintenance SLA. It is important that the candidate can demonstrate good self-management and organizational skills.
- Follow blueprints and building plans to meet the needs
- Install structures and fixtures, such as windows and molding
- Measure, cut, and shape wood, plastic, and other materials
- Construct building frameworks, including walls, floors, and doorframes
- Erect, level, and install building framework with the aid of rigging hardware and cranes
- Inspect and replace damaged framework or other structures and fixtures
- Instruct and direct laborers and other construction helpers
- Carry out all Aluminum Fittings and glass Panes replacement
- Repairs of doors, cabinets, wardrobes.
- Fitting of locks to doors, cabinets, wardrobes
- Repair of all furniture
- Any other Job as may be instructed by Maintenance Manager.
Essential Qualifications and Experience
- At least 4 years working knowledge and Experience of both Industrial and Domestic Aluminum and Carpentry fittings. (Preferably Government – Grade trade test III or equivalent).
- Hardworking, honest and flexible
- The applicant must be a team builder with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Desirable qualifications and experience:
- Completion of Carpentry and Joinery apprenticeship and having Grade test II and above qualification.
- Experienced working as A Carpentry and Joinery for more than 6 Years.
- High school Certificate.
- Conversant with CMMS software.
- Aluminium, Carpentry & joinery Job required competencies:
- Changing and Improving, Making Effective Decisions, Managing a Quality Service, Delivering at Pace.
Terms of engagement
How To Apply
Send your Application Letter and CV as one document stating your current position, contact details as well as names and contacts (telephone and e-mail address) of three (3) referees familiar with your qualifications and work experience.
Indicate the title of position and reference number on the subject line of your email to email@example.com.
Hard copy applications will not be accepted. Only those submitted through Email will be considered.
The closing date for applications is by C.O.B Tuesday 7th September, 2021