Kisii Medical Centre (Re-Advertisement)
Ref. No: AKHK/KIS/PHARM/03/22
Reporting to the Chief pharmacist, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing leadership in the management, use and control of pharmaceuticals in the hospital and to work with all stakeholders (doctors and other caregivers) in ensuring efficient, ethical and safe application of pharmaco-therapy in patient management.
- Proactive and effective interventions at all stages of medication management and use system (MMU) by: –
- Overseeing safe dispensing procedures and ensuring safe drug use processes (drug administration and monitoring of drug effects)
- Actively participating in drug-use-reviews (DUR) by advising prescribers on rational and optimal pharmacological drug effects and by conducting appropriate patient education.
- Participating in clinical rounds
- Participating in antimicrobial stewardship initiatives
- Safe and accurate drug preparation techniques (aseptic IV admixtures, High alert drug handling)
- Promoting service excellence and client satisfaction:
- Proactively engaging in follow up of client concerns and timely feedback.
- Ensuring efficient pharmacy service flow by managing turn-around-times.
- Participating in Quality Initiatives:
- Formulating and implementing quality related projects (PDCAs)
- Reviewing and implementing quality processes and procedures
- Stock management:
- Effective stock monitoring for optimal stock levels
- Stock variance reporting and control
- Preparation and timely submission of expected reports such as medication error report, interventions, stock variance and client satisfaction reports.
- Bachelor of Pharmacy from a recognized University.
- Registration Certificate and Practice License from Pharmacy and Poisons Board, Kenya.
- 2 years’ work experience in a busy hospital setup.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite will be an added advantage.
How To Apply
Interested candidates are requested to email their application letter and detailed curriculum vitae with position title and reference number on the subject line, including names and contacts of three references, current and expected remuneration to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 14th March 2022.
The email subject line MUST include position title and reference number being applied for i.e. “PHARMACIST AKHK/KIS/PHARM/03/22”
Canvassing of any nature will lead to automatic disqualification. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.