- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 3 years
- Location Nairobi
- Job Field Administration / Secretarial
Reporting to Director, Medical Services & Research, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing an efficient administrative support to the office of Director Medical Services and Research in line with requirements.
- Advert -
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Advert -
- Administer the Director, Medical Services & Research calendar of meetings and activities effectively.
- Prepare and update materials for meetings, presentations, and departmental communication.
- Coordinate and take minutes of various department meetings and subcommittees meetings and compile reports as assigned.
- Facilitate internal and external meetings including booking meeting rooms, venues and managing logistics in domestic and international locations.
- Review requests for prioritization with executive partners.
- Provide logistical and administrative support for continuing medical education sessions, divisional conferences/workshops and clinical governance.
- Update and maintain admitting staff records including details on members listing, licenses, insurance cover and any other pertinent information.
- Provide administrative support in the processing of new applications for doctors admitting rights.
- Facilitate and prepare medical reports as assigned and managing external parties
- Co-ordinate the requisition and stock control of all stationery and stock items for the office.
- Attend to all mail and telephone messages, calls, voicemails for appropriate sorting and delivery and action.
- Maintain department related files, both paper and electronic.
- Maintain a proper document handling system in the office by keeping an efficient filing and retrieval system.
- Attend to inquiries and liaise with the appropriate staff as necessary to ensure that the needs are satisfactorily attended to.
- Maintain a high degree of confidentiality and professionalism; and
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned by the supervisor from time to time.
- Any other responsibilities that may be assigned to the job holder by the supervisor from time to time.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- University degree in Business Studies and Secretarial training or equivalent.
- Medical secretarial training
- Minimum of 3 years’ relevant experience in a similar role.
- Ability to draft and type different correspondences
- Ability to take minutes
- Ability to engage at all levels of the organization
- Planning and organizing skills
- Ability to think on one’s feet
- Relationship management skills
- Tact and diplomacy
- System knowledge
- Team working skills
Method of Application
If your background, experience and competence match the above specifications, please send your application (cover letter & CV/Resume) quoting the job reference number, testimonials and full contact details of 3 referees, to reach the undersigned not later than 14th April, 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you do not hear from us within two weeks post application, please consider your application unsuccessful. Please note that The Nairobi Hospital does not charge any fees from applicants at any stage, nor has it engaged a third party to facilitate this hire
- Advert -
Human Resources Manager
The Nairobi Hospital
P. O. Box 30026 – 00100