Administrative Analyst Job, Latest Administration Jobs In Kenya,
- Advert -
Duties and Responsibilities
- Advert -
- Together with the Head of Administration, represents the office in meetings on range of Administration issues with different agencies including the implementation of the Country BOS and related common services
- Briefs staff on policies and procedures relating to Budget/Finance and liaises relevant HQ staff on the same.
- Consults regularly with UNDP and other service providers on various issues and joint activities to ensure continued provision of required services including but not limited to the recruitment and the Administration of OCHA National staff.
- Participates in CSMT meetings including Technical Working Groups for HR, procurements etc.
- Drafts letters and other correspondence relating to administrative, financial, and personnel activities
- Handles procurement planning and procurement of office supplies and equipment, ensuring budgetary adequacy and observance of procurement rules and regulations.
- Facilitates processing of MOUs by HQ for office rental ensuring availability of MOUs, UNDSS MOSS compliant reports for processing of MOUs.
- Ensures the safekeeping, annual physical inventory; prepares periodical reports for submission to Headquarters including cost analysis and recommendations for replacement/disposal of supplies and equipment.
- Oversees the periodical physical inventory check to ensure that physical inventory data matches with inventory record
- Together with the Head of Administration, recommends replacement/disposal of items when necessary, in line with rules and regulations.
- Achieve Results: LEVEL 2: Scale up solutions and simplifies processes, balances speed and accuracy in doing work
- Think Innovatively: LEVEL 2: Offer new ideas/open to new approaches, demonstrate systemic/integrated thinking
- Learn Continuously: LEVEL 2: Go outside comfort zone, learn from others and support their learning
- Adapt with Agility: LEVEL 2: Adapt processes/approaches to new situations, involve others in change process
- Act with Determination: LEVEL 2: Able to persevere and deal with multiple sources of pressure simultaneously
- Engage and Partner: LEVEL 2: Is facilitator/integrator, bring people together, build/maintain coalitions/partnerships
- Enable Diversity and Inclusion: LEVEL 2: Facilitate conversations to bridge differences, considers in decision making
Cross Functional and Technical competencies
- Advert -
- Business Development: Strategic Thinking: Ability to develop effective strategies and prioritized plans in line with UNOCHA’s objectives, based on the systemic analysis and challenges, potential risks and opportunities, linking the vision to reality on the ground, and creating tangible solutions.
Business Management: Risk Management: Ability to identify and organize action around mitigating and proactively managing risks.
- Business Direction and Strategy: Business Acumen: Ability to understand and deal with business situation in a manner that is likely to lead to a good outcome.
Knowledge and understanding of the operational frameworks in the organization and ability to make good judgement and quick decisions within such frameworks.
- Business Management: Customer Satisfaction/ Client Management: Ability to respond timely and appropriately with a sense of urgency, provide consistent solutions and deliver timely and quality results and or solutions to fulfil an understand the real customer’s needs. Provide inputs to the development of customer service strategy. Look for way to add value beyond clients’ immediate requests. Ability to anticipate clients upcoming needs and concerns
- Communication: Ability to communicate in a clear, concise and unambiguous manner both through written and verbal communication; to tailor messages and choose communication methods depending on the audience.
Ability to manage communications internally and externally though media and other appropriate channels.
- Digital Awareness and Literacy: Ability and inclination to rapidly adopt new technologies, either through skilfully grasping their usage or through understanding their impact and empowering others to use them as needed.
- Operations Management: Ability to effectively plan, organize and oversee the Organization’s business processes in order to convert its assets into the best results in the most efficient manner. Knowledge of relevant concepts and mechanisms.
Required Skills and Experience
- Advert -
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Commerce, Economics or related field. or
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Commerce, Economics or related field in combination with 2 additional years of qualifying experience will be given due consideration in lieu of Master’s degree.
- A minimum of 2 years of relevant professional experience with a Master’s degree and 4 years with a Bachelor’s degree in finance, business administration/public administration, ideally including experience with the UN or other international organizations is required;
- Good knowledge of UN policies and administrative, financial, and personnel rules and regulations;
- Ability to work with moderate supervision, and with integrity an asset;
- Proficiency in the use of computers and office software applications (MS Word, Excel, etc);
- Fluency in written and spoken English is required. Knowledge of another UN official language is highly desirable but it is not a requirement
How to Apply