- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 3 years
- Location Nairobi
- Job Field Finance / Accounting / Audit
Primary Purpose of Role
The accountant will play a criticalrole in posting transactions in variousledgers, do reconciliations, manage daily accounting operations and maintain accurate financial records to inform our business decisions.
- Advert -
- Advert -
- Manage the day-to-day accounting operations, including accounts payable, accounts receivable,general ledger, and bank reconciliations.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements, ensuring accuracy and completeness of financial information.
- Monitor cash flow and provide regular reporting on financial performance.
- Prepare and present financial reports. i.e balance sheets, income statements and cash flow statements to senior management.
- Ensure that financial records are maintained in compliance with financial law, regulations and accounting standards, and tax regulations.
- Provide financial analysis and support to various departments as needed.
- Establish and maintain internal control procedures to ensure the accuracy and reliability offinancial information.
- Maintain relationships with external auditors, tax consultants and other financial professionals.
- Collaborate with other departments such as marketing and operations to ensure accurate andtimely financial reporting.
- Oversee financial planning, analysis, budgeting, and forecasting.
- Identify and implement cost-saving measures and revenue-generating opportunities
- Bachelor’s degree in finance/ accounting or a related field.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in a finance or accounting role.
- Proven experience in managing financial operations, including budgeting and forecasting.
- Strong knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and financial reporting requirements.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and financial Software.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- At least CPA Part 2 designation required
Method of Application
Candidates are encouraged to apply, attaching their CV and cover letter addressed to the Human Resource Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org Closing date for this position is 12th April 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.